“Paint an elephant!”

and up
Viator Exclusive: Private Elephant Conservation Experience in Chiang Mai
Ranked #23 of 132 Shopping in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Here you'll be able to see some of the full size Elephant Parade statues from cities around the world and choose your favorite from a collection of replicas. You can also learn about Asian elephants and the work The Asian Elephant Foundation are doing to save these magnificent but endangered animals. Moreover, you can join an art workshop and paint your own Elephant Parade replica elephant and maybe become one of the exhibition artists because of your beautiful work and talent!
Reviewed March 27, 2013

(from Nancy Chandler "Chiang Mai mapmaker")
A fun, creative way to help support Asian elephant conservation in Thailand !!
Just opened in Oct. 2012, a visit to their colorful showroom is such a refreshing way to spend time in Chiang Mai. It is definitely NOT a touristy thing to do.
You can join a workshop and paint your own small resin elephant right there with the help of their in-house artists.
OR buy an Artbox Kit (complete with the elephant, brushes and acrylic paints) and take it home with you.
Or purchase one of the expertly limited edition hand painted ones, done by professional artists.
I and 2 friends had such fun painting ours, it filled an entire relaxing day !

Some of their original designs have been created by well-known artists and even celebrities!
Part of the proceeds go to The Asian Elephant Foundation to help support the elephants in many ways.

easy to find - located in Chiangmai Land tel: 053-279-816 or go to
www.elephantparade.com for more details.

Highly recommended by Nancy Chandler, "the Chiang Mai map maker"
(that's me!)

2  Thank nancychandler
There are newer reviews for Elephant Parade House

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My partner and I spent a wonderful few hours today at the Elephant Parade House and we can't rate it highly enough. On arrival we were greeted by the friendly and enthusiastic team and we learned so much about the Elephant Parade organisation. We decided to get creative and design and paint elephants. We quickly felt at ease and got very absorbed in our project with the artists always on hand to give us help and advice. Drinks were available all day and we were even treated to traditional Thai dishes for lunch. We left late in the afternoon with wonderful and personal keepsakes as well as other elephants we couldn't resist buying (took me ages to choose which ones).

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My 9 year old and I put acrylic paint to ceramic today and left with our very own creations. It was a great few hours with lovely and friendly staff who can offer assistance if you need it in the creative process. There are 100's of beautifully painted elephants to help draw inspiration from around you (which you can also purchase) or come in with your own idea and paint away.

Elephant Parade House is open 10:00 to 19:00.
Provide transportation to and from their venue.
There are 2 sizes of elephants you can paint 15cm or 10cm in a variety of poses such as standing, sitting and lying belly down in their painting workshop (they provide aprons).
15cm Elephant is 1000 THB
10cm Elephant is 600 THB
- there is a 50% discount in the workshop for children 8 years old and under.

They also have available 3 take home Artbox kits:
1195 THB 15cm Elephant
1195 THB 10cm x2 Elephants
799 THB 10cm Elephant

We enjoyed our time with the lovely ladies and are both pleased with our efforts. They provide cold drinks and light snacks free of charge. There are some goods you can purchase if you wish such as cups, t-shirts, painted elephants and take home elephant paint kits. This organisation stands for something very important, which they do not talk at you about however they do discuss it with you if you raise the subject.

While you are taking part in the workshop or just visting to view the many beautiful painted Elephants you can pop upstairs to their 3rd floor where they have further information available on the plight of the Asian Elephant and current projects being run if you wish to know more.
My advise is to also make a click and check out their website. We highly recommend this activity - and you don't need to book as they have plenty of workshop room available.

3  Thank FlightlessKiwi-NZ
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a must do whilst in Chiang mai. It is suitable for everyone to participate, young or old, and you don't have to be artistic as you are surrounded by so much inspiration. I really enjoyed designing and painting my elephant in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. I was offered help when needed, but also free to do my own thing. You could just paint your elephant in one colour if you wanted. Refreshments were available throughtout at no extra cost.

You can paint a large or small elephant, and it does not take too long to complete, and some of the cost of the class does to help elephants in Chiang mai.

Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to create your own piece of Chiang mai to go home with! Will certainly be looking to do this class again in the future....and will also be taking a very keen husband with me next time.

Feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Elephant parade is very close to the centre, and they currently pick you up from your hotel, so it's very easy.

1  Thank alliealliecat
Reviewed January 13, 2013

It was yesterday my third time at the Elephant Parade House and I join again the elephant workshop, it so nice to be creative and to create your own elephant. You can choose what kind of elephants you want to paint. And what size you want, you can choose a 10 cm or 15 cm one.
You should first visit them to see all that colourful elephants in their showroom. You can order also one or buy one of the samples there. For some persons who are more interested in the life of elephants you can go up to the first floor and do a test on one of the computers if you know already the answers of this little game. One is with simple questions, now so simple are they not. The first time I tried it, the results were ok, but I made a lot of mistakes. Another game is the sound of the elephants, not easy at all. Enough about the Elephant Parade House, I only can ask you find it out by yourself, go for a workshop or get more information about the background of this great intiative to help the Asian Elephants. And of course buy one of the elephants, they are so colourful and one thing more the staff and the artists who are helping you in the workshop are so friendly and helpful. I believe that I miss them already.

2  Thank philipvandriesten