“Beautiful space, but avoid the meditation class”
Review of The Yoga Tree

The Yoga Tree
Ranked #40 of 228 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a centre for yoga, dance/movement and meditation located in the heart of Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Fresh off my vipassana course, I was expecting to have a tranquil environment to meditate. Much to my surprise, there was only about 15 mins of silent meditation followed by what seemed like an eternity of super cheesy songs and group hand gestures. The songs sounded like something you would hear in an elementary school class.. It was super bizarre. After that we started on a 20 min meditation, but the main guy kept on talking randomly throughout.. breaking any concentration I had left for meditation. Then they spent 20 mins bragging about themselves and then asking for donations. I think I'll stick to the temples and my own room for meditation from now on....

I'd totally give this a 1 star, but the space was beautiful and the staff running it was nice.

There are newer reviews for The Yoga Tree

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I attend a beginners class at the Yoga Tree. The instructor was friendly, patient, and knowledgeable in her practice. The class has students with varying levels of experience, and the instructor accommodated to make the class challenging for all in attendance.

If this is your first class, or your an expert yogi, I would recommend this facility. Class schedule is on their website.

The facility is located on a side street off Arak Rd. Look for the big green sign. The facility is down the lane, on the left.

My background: 30 year old male, traveling with his wife. Namaste.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The start of the class was a bit chaotic for me. This was totally due to my own fault. I was too late because I had troubles finding the place (I came from the south, so I missed the sign). Fortunately I was still admitted! The teacher was good and the place feels very relaxing.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The location is a bit hard to find if you are coming from the south as you can't see the sign. The instructors for both yoga and plates were really good and used to having travelers in the class. I found the initial visit a bit confusing as there is no front desk or place to register.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I found Yoga Tree thanks to reading reviews on Triadvisor......I must say it lived upto my expectations....
Great location, lovely studio in quiet green surroundings....quite easy to find.....I got the Tuk-Tuk driver to talk to the people at Yoga Tree on my phone when we couldnt find it the first time.....turned out it was just a few feet further down the main road...since the studio is tucked into a by-lane just off the main road, you have to watch out for their big sign on main Arak Road to find the place.
I attended 2 classes...'Gentle Yoga' by Esther and 'Yoga Flow' by Ian...Both were excellent teachers and at the same time both times were totally different experiences.....I felt enriched and this will definitely benefit me in my Yoga practice back home....I will surely go back for another session if time permits before I leave Chiang Mai....To all you Yoga lovers out there...if you visit Chiang Mai, don't miss out on Yoga Tree...
Note - They put up their schedule on their website so you can plan accordingly, and they have mats, blankets, bolsters, cushions etc for use for drop-in students, so no worries....

1  Thank AAH21