“Never again”

Ranked #205 of 806 Specialty Lodging in Chiang Mai
Chemnitz, Germany
“Never again”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We originally booked 4 nights and were looking forward to our stay there but in the end we left after the first night. It is not a big problem that the rooms are small and we did not expect much for that price but everything was dirty and the bathroom was discusting. The toilet leaked so the "shitwater" was all over the floor. Everything is constantly wet because the plumming seems to have been made by someone who clearly had no understanding of his craft. I guess if you need a room for a night you can make due but other than that I can not see anything positive.

Ahh I almost forgot the bed is as hard as sleeping on the floor. I guess it is just a piece of wood with a blanket on top. So the money you safe on the room you spend on massages to fix your back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DominicLindner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
West Palm Beach, FL
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for a week while visiting Chiang Mai. We had a great experience here- special thanks to Boom!! He helped us book all of our adventures, guided us to Tiger Kingdom on our first day in town, sent us to his favorite local joints, & even drove me on his moped to the local morning market! Very peaceful place in the garden area! The walls in the rooms, however, could have been a bit more soundproof. The location was also great- we were within walking distance to many places, but we were also able to rent motorbikes from the hostel if there was anything we wanted to cruise to. The restaurant in the hostel was also very good and convenient! Overall a great time and great place to stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a two bed bungalow duplex- the walls were paper thin and only have a fan to circulate t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The stuff is super nice & helpful. The room / dorm is budget, clean and everything provide in basic needs. Just the room's wall is poor of sound proof, you will know what your neighbour room doing in midnight. Bring mosquito repellent if you wish to stay there long time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in a dorm for 4 nights and really enjoyed it. Great location in the old town, right next to the Sunday walking market and north gate. Lovely staff- Boom recommended a great cooking course and visit to elephant sanctuary (baan Chang). It's also a great place to meet others as there is a garden where people sit during the day chatting/reading etc and a bar area for having a few beers when its raining. The onsite massage place is also good and reasonably priced. Very clean but I'm not sure they change the blankets... so take a sleeping bag liner.

• Stayed July 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here roughly a month and I happened to be here almost every day the cleaning lady comes in. I notice they change the sheets but never the blankets. There was a girl who had sex with a random guy a few days ago in ky dorm, the same blanket is there unchanged. I have been sweating constsntly on my blanket, sheet and mattress. I feel sorry for the next person who sleeps on with my sweaty blanket. I think they don't change the blankets because they are so thick and not laundry friendly. My suggestion is they get thin blankets and get rid of thick blankets. Why have thick blankets? This isn't Canadian weather. Makes me want to use my own blanket.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank AndyBouchier
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at Mojito for a week while in Chiang Mai and had a fabulous time! The staff were very helpful and accommodating, especially Boom. He took me out on his motorbike one morning to show me the local market, and when I finally built up the courage to rent my own bike, he took me on a tour to Tiger Kingdom. I didn't mind staying in the dorm with other people, especially because there were dividers in place for privacy. Food was great as well and you couldn't ask for a better location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank brittmcb
Reviewed May 29, 2013

A small garden but with pond wher is living stingray. It is quite tame and loves to chat. You shouldn't be afraid of its. Very friendly.
We lived in Basic Twin. It is small cramped house with good ventilation, but but at night it was cool. And a lot of holes through which crept mosquitoes. Thin walls. You can hear everything what about your neighbors talk. Yourself lucky If you do not understand their language)) Almost a feeling that you're sleeping on the street.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends