“Great chilled out place”
Review of Birds Nest Cafe

Birds Nest Cafe
Ranked #212 of 2,102 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bird's Nest Cafe specializes in international and Thai fusion cuisine. We focus on using fresh ingredients that are in season and produced locally. We try hard to use as much organic produce as we can. Our entire menu is designed to be vegetarian, but meat can be added to any dish if requested. Our sauces, dressing, pesto, peanut butter, whole wheat and pita bread, granola, yogurt and sour cream are all homemade. We do not use MSG, preservatives or microwave.Bird's Nest Cafe also offers:COOKING VEGETARIAN THAI FOOD WITH YAOYao is the owner of Bird's Nest Cafe and created the menu. She teaches a two day Thai vegetarian cooking course at Pun Pun orgnanic farm where she has lived the last 7 years. For more info please check Bird's Nest facebook page.
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Great chilled out place”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

A great place to be lazy and just lounge around. Food is amazing, fresh and very tasty. I would highly recommend the wraps!
I will come back on my next trip to Chiang Mai...

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
“My home away from Home in Chiang mai”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

very relaxing restaurant in a small street with great ambiance and comfort . You can bring your laptop and enjoy a excellent organic cafe or eat a pumpkin soup (the best I ever ate , with a bit of ginger and coconut ) you can get a European style salad there which is rare in Thailand , plenty of good food to choose from. Love the cookies and smoothies . I love to sit outside and watch the normal Thai life under a huge mountain apple tree with pink flower pedals . Great staff, excellent English. You feel right at home.

• Visited March 2013
“Thai or western, you're in for a great meal”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our group of four ate here twice and decided it was probably our favourite restaurant in Chiang Mai. The Koh Soy is delicious but equally as good are the toasted mozzarella and pesto sandwiches. The prices are great and the food comes fresh, hot and served with a smile. I would definitely recommend this place for lunch.

• Visited April 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Would go here every day if I could!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This restaurant was one of the highlights of my trip to Thailand. Every item on the menu was fresh, organic and delicious. The staff was incredibly friendly. There are hammocks to lie in, books and games to keep entertained and even free wifi. I ate the banana cinnamon French toast and it was delightful. I wish I had eaten here every day in Chiang Mai.

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A great place to eat and relax with a friend”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The ambience of this fine restauant is very homy with a number of comfortable seating arrangements.
The food is some of the best fare served in Chiang Mai. They also serve a number of healthy drinks and also alcohol if that is your desire.
The food is good value for money. I knew one of the managers from another location that she had assisted in setting up .

She has done another fine job of providing a varied and mouth watering menu.
Dislikes:
The smoking allowed on tables in front of the restaurant. This is especially bad when one has a chain smoker occupy these tables which is often than not the case.
The noise of a water pump turning on and off .This can be heard when one is seated upstairs on the second floor. Perhaps, I'm bit too noise sensitive and this may not bother the average patron dining at this fine venue.

Visited March 2013