“Amazing vegetarian food”

Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 3,123 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our kitchen is open from 11:30 AM to 8:00 PM, so you can order food up to then and enjoy, the restaurant closes at 9:00PM. OPEN EVERY DAY FROM NOW ON!!! On the 2nd floor off Nimmanhaeminda Road soi Hillside 2, opposite soi 13, a natural ambiance was created for people who enjoy good and healthy food. Come and sample our vegetarian versions of many Thai classical dishes, as well as an ever changing market fresh suggestion menu. All our products are sourced through reliable sources, organically certified where possible or come from ecologically sustainable and viable trade systems.
Reviewed August 21, 2016

I went to Anchan recently for lunch and enjoyed all the food. I loved the banana flower tom yum soup as well as the vegetable tempura. The service is acceptable but not great. I wish they would make more personally recommendations. I will come back regularly, though.

Reviewed August 14, 2016

I'm living in Chiang Mai, and I've eaten here a million times, in fact I would come every day if only I wasn't living a little further away. Why? Because it's by far the best vegetarian place in town!! The food is absolutely delicious, the vegetables are organic and fresh, you can easily taste the difference, these are really good, and they are cooked to perfection (someone here said the potatoes are, and I totally agree). The portions are huge and the flavour is great! I can't say enough good things. The atmosphere is cosy and the restaurant is very clean. The service is awesome too, the staffs are so friendly and welcoming, and attentive, the menu and the food always arrives in no time at all (also, they speak excellent English). I hope this convinces you to come here!!! If not, just look at the pictures of their curries (my favourites), no way to resist :)

Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I will like a vegetarian food, but this turned out to be excellent. Fried rice (brown) and cashew tofu with tomato base are a must have.

2  Thank 647abek
Reviewed August 2, 2016

We visited for dinner around 7pm and were sat outside on the little balcony. We ordered the tempura vegetables and yellow Indian curry. The food was fantastic! The tempura was really tasty, the curry had just the right amount of spice (not too much), and the portion sizes were good. Prices are a little higher than some other places, but definitely worth it. Will be going back to try out the ever changing menu.

Reviewed August 1, 2016

Good location albeit on the second floor. In trendy Nimman. Food is good but not great. Looks good on the plate but not super. They are basically a fancy Thai Vegetarian Restaurant but fail in the health end. They are ok though. I would recommend giving them a try. They offer some exotic health drinks but not much in shots or Fresh Vegetable Juice.

Date of visit: July 2016