“Best veggie in Chiang Mai”

Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 2,297 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our kitchen is open from 11:30AM to 8:15PM, so you can order food up to then and enjoy, the restaurant closes at 9:00PM. OPEN EVERY DAY FROM NOW ON!!! On the 2nd floor off Nimmanhaeminda Road soi Hillside 2, opposite soi 13, a natural ambiance was created for people who enjoy good and healthy food. Come and sample our vegetarian versions of many Thai classical dishes, as well as an ever changing market fresh suggestion menu. All our products are sourced through reliable sources, organically certified where possible or come from ecologically sustainable and viable trade systems. OPEN DAILY FROM 11.30AM to 8.15PM (last order for the kitchen), you can sit to 9PM
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I'm here now. Been a vegetarian since birth. Lived in Chiang Mai for 10 years and also lived in Bangkok and Samui. For Thai style veggie food, there is simply no better than Anchan. (Sorry Blue Diamond and Khun Chern).

The menu changes weekly and there has sometimes been Middle Eastern dishes, but usually it's just great and simple Thai food.

The setting is very simple and now looks out at a construction site, but it's still pleasant and I keep coming back for more.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I've been away from Chiang Mai for 1 year and have missed eating here so much (I came here almost daily for 3 months).

I arrived this afternoon and might only stay 1-2 nights, so this place is on top of my list. They now have a weekly menu, although everything I
Tried on their old menu was great too. I order tempeh with cashew nuts and it looks delicious. It tastes even better. So good to be back :-)

1  Thank Thomas H
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My friend and I had such a good time learning to cook delicious traditional Thai food with the owners of Anchan. They offer a personal setting by only allowing a small number of people in each class. We each got to cook our own dishes and brought home many left overs. If you want to be more than a number in a crowd then I highly recommend this cooking class. You will pay more than some other classes but it is well worth it in my opinion!!

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I took our lovely chefs' cooking class and it was mind blowing. First of all the atmosphere was warm and friendly, actually kind of like family. Their max is 3 students so you get to cook your own food and get a lot of helpful feedback. Great experience and food.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

But everything was very tasty and enjoyable! Naturally, all very good value too! Our tuk-tuk had trouble finding it but it is not too hard to find really! The staff were very nice and after the meal the owner / cook was interested to talk to us to ensure that we had a good experience.