“Amazing service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant

Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 2,026 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, International
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: On Nimmanhaeminda Road,look for sidestreet or soi nr 13. Opposite there is a 7 11 supermarket. Walk into the soi of 7 11 and look out for our sign. Located on the 2nd floor, We are open from Tuesday to Saturday, 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM. Closed Sunday and Monday.
San Diego, California
“Amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am not vegetarian, and in fact due to health reasons cannot eat most vegetables in general! I did however go to Anchan with my girlfriend and friend and had an amazing experience!

My vegetarian friend had eaten their very regularly after first finding it and required we check it out with him. I had the Anchan Juice, which was FANASTIC (if you are avoiding soda, this is your healthy replacement! Like healthy grape soda!!), and the very nice owner helped me order my plain dish (the server did not speak "well enough English" to understand I came to a vegetarian restaurant wanting only noodles, cheese and garlic, haha). The server was very respectful, just confused by my unique order! Even my simple noodle dish was great, and my girlfriend and friend loved their food as well. (she ordered the vegetable pasta and was almost too full to finish the whole bowl)

I highly recommend this place, and based on its rating on TripAdvisor, it is apparent others do, too. The nice thing about seeing a #1 ranked restaurant live up to its status is when the portions are big, the food is tasty, and the service is of a high standard. All three of these requirements are met here! Not to mention, the owner is very genuine and kind, a big plus when visiting a farang (foreigner) owned restaurant.

First finding Anchan can be a challenge - here is a hint - you can google "Salad Concept" in Nimman, then look across the main two lane road and you will see another Soi road, it is down there on the left, on the second level of a building!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“More flavours in one dish than colours in the rainbow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

As a meat eater I didn't want to come to this restaurant as I find veggie food boring and bland. As many men will know the easy option is to just agree with the Mrs and hope there is a kabab shop closeby after. Let me tell you this place transformed my opinion of vegaterian food after one meal. Absolutely amazing. If you appricate flavour and enjoy your food it is definitely worth coming. The service was immpecable, restaurant clean and with full view of the kitchen you really can see how fresh the food is. Everything is made to order, and nothing is pre made. I can honestly say the chef deserves a Michelin star.

Perth, Australia
“5* well worth poll position”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We ate here tonight based on the positive Trip Advisor reviews. Within 5 minutes of taking our seats we had a drinks order taken & the manager/owner greet us (very proffessional) the place is light & brightly decodated tables well set out without being too close to each other be advised there is no aircon but its mostly open and not needed in any case. The Restaurant is very clean the bathroom facilities VERY clean (rare in Thailand) look the real hero here is of course the FOOD! The food is amazingly good I can recommend the Papaya salad, Pumpkin curry, Veg tempura ad the raw chocolate truffles are to die for. Another review claimed this place was pricey I disagree there were 4 of us we each had 2 drinks (alcoholic), 5 entrees to share & 4 mains & 2 serves of truffles to share the bill came to around 1900baht thats like $63 aus dollars!!!!!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The place is very clean and the food is good. A litle bit pricy but good stuff and adorable atmosphere. Recommended

Visited April 2013
Naphatntl, Owner at Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear cusomter,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
Sorry to hear you found our food to be a bit pricy.
Agreed, in comparison to the street food stalls so abundant in Thailand, our prices are higher.
Yet there are several factors to take into consideration, such as freshness, origin and quality of ingredients, portion size, variety of ingredients, atmosphere and service.
So I am looking forward to hearing from you with restaurants where you have eaten that offer a similar experience at the same price.

Kind regards,
Aye
Los Angeles, California
“Love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The waitresses here are very young. The youngest one could have been about 6 years old. The restaurant was not very busy when I was there, so this afforded the young waitresses lots of time to run around, play, and squeal. It was very charming. There is a really cool balcony instead of a wall on one side, so the whole place is basically open to the outside, which is nice. The food was also extremely delicious. I can't wait to go back for more pumpkin in coconut milk and herbal elixirs.