Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 2,259 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our kitchen is open from 11:30AM to 8:15PM, so you can order food up to then and enjoy, the restaurant closes at 9:00PM. OPEN EVERY DAY FROM NOW ON!!! On the 2nd floor off Nimmanhaeminda Road soi Hillside 2, opposite soi 13, a natural ambiance was created for people who enjoy good and healthy food. Come and sample our vegetarian versions of many Thai classical dishes, as well as an ever changing market fresh suggestion menu. All our products are sourced through reliable sources, organically certified where possible or come from ecologically sustainable and viable trade systems. OPEN DAILY FROM 11.30AM to 8.15PM (last order for the kitchen), you can sit to 9PM
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

After travelling around Thailand for a month and eating lots of good food I saw Anchan Vegetarian on Tripadvisor so thought I had to try it. Wow. I'm glad I did!

I was greeted by 3 lovely young Thai girls who were on holiday from school. One of them suggested I try the Anchan juice made from butterfly-pea flower. It was purple and sweet and tangy and delicious.

As I read my book and waited for my meal which was prepared fresh the room filled with more and more amazing smells and I couldn't wait to try my food!

I ate the green pumpkin curry with 3 colour jasmine rice and it was heaven. So many flavours. Garlic, chili, holy basil, coconut...

I had a lovely chat with the owner who explained that all the ingredients are organic, free of genetically modified food with no baddies in sight. He was charming and I watched as he spoke to every table.

He suggested I try the panacotta for pudding so I did. It was infused with lavender and honey and really good.

It's my last night in Thailand tomorrow and I'll be going back to Anchan Thai to spend it there.

(To get there: go down the road opposite Soi 13 on Nimmanhemin Road, walk with the food stalls on your left and there's a big sign that says Organic. Go up the stairs and enjoy!)

2  Thank Jesseecar

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This might be the best restaurant I have ever been too. The food is fresh and delicious. You should try the anchan juice. The service and atmosphere are really great as well. I can't recommend it enough.

1  Thank toronto520
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This place is excellent because (1) the owner is super friendly, (2) the ingredients are very fresh (3) the place is an oasis of calm just off the busy activity of Nimmanhaemin (4) extremely inexpensive for a restaurant (but of course more than street food).

It is not so easy to find. The location marker on the tripadvisor map is not quite right...

On Nimmanhaemin, look for the big Salad Concept restaurant at the corner of Soi 13. Across the road is a simple food stall. You need to keep walking about 30m and you will see the ORGANIC sign for Anchan. The restaurant is on the second level.

1  Thank rarheaume
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very nice place but hard to find , no air con and very hot but service nice and different with children serving, had to wait long time for our food but was nice and hot when arrived,
good taste

Naphatntl, Owner at Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate and encourage feedback from all our customers.
In reply to your remarks, I would like to reply as follows.
Due to the open window fronts installing an aircondition unit is impossible, as it would be totally inefficient. We provide wall fans and extra floor fans to keep the air moving, but with the hottest period in Thailand on our hands, the heat is inevitable in our restaurant lay-out, at least for the month of March.
We use a moderate amount of organic sugar, sorry you found our food too sweet. It is clearly indicated on the first page of our menu that you can ask to have any sugar or other spices to be taken out of your dish, as all dishes are freshly made.
Which brings me to your third point, about our service being slow. All our dishes are freshly made from fresh ingredients, on a strict first come first serve basis. To preserve freshness and taste we do not precut vegetables or premake any curry dishes. So if we are busy, yes, you will have to wait a bit for your food.
In any case, thank you again for your review, hoping to serve you even better on your next visit.

Kind regards,
Naphat and the Anchan Team.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went there a few times in the past week and I absolutely love the place! Food is absolutely wonderful, I can't remember when I last had food good as this. Lovely place too! I'd highly recommend this place!

2  Thank Est E