“Great Pasta”

Puccini Italian Restaurant
Ranked #591 of 2,044 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ireland
“Great Pasta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Spent 6 nights in chiang Mai and was lucky find this place on our second night. Ate here 3 nights in total and can say arrabiatta is one nicest I've eaten. Pasta is fresh and would def recommend visit if your in city.

1 Thank AMScan

• Thai first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Never been there but the food is great - Delicious Gnocchi Gorgonzola”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

It's true I have never been to this restaurant, and even though I live in Chiang Mai I couldn't tell you exactly where it is.

HOWEVER, Puccini's is on one of the popular home delivery services in Chiang Mai (meals on wheels for you Chiang Mai - also on Trip Advisor), and I have had home delivery from here many times over the last year - at least 15 times.

I was saddened when one my favorite Italian Restaurants in Bangkok (La Gritta) closed down as they did the best Gnocchi Gorgonzola Spinach. However I have found my favorite Italian dish here and order it regularly. The Gnocchi is soft, fresh and obviously homemade. It is delicious.

Before the end of the year I am going to get there for sure

• Visited November 2013
Munich, Germany
“Little Italy at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very nice and cosy restaurant with good service and even better food. Very well presented Italian cuisine. Good selection of wine.
The Italian Chef knows what he is doing!

Visited April 2013
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Husband and I had an excellent meal last week and plan to go again soon. Service was very good, waitress very friendly and helpful with explaining the dishes. The dressing on the salad was the best we have had in Thailand, we have lived here over a year now so have had a few tastings. The spaghetti bolognese/beef ragout was very tender, I usually avoid beef in Thailand I am glad I tried it. Husband ordered eggplant and mushroom dish, tasty but he thought the serving a little small (big appetite!).
Desert, delicious chocolate to die for. We had a very nice wine and the evening was perfect. The bill very reasonable and lots of parking for those who live out of town. Ambience very warm and inviting. Charming young man, Kenny, talked to us about soucing the vegetables and other ingredients. We too found it hard to find tomatoes for instance and other other items you get used to in other countries.

• Visited October 2013
Wuhan, China
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had spent the entire day out in the sun doing physical activity, so I didn't feel like walking very far from my hotel to get a good eat. We did a quick GPS search and found Puccini's Italian restaurant. After seeing the mostly positive, but mixed reviews on TA, we thought that it would be worth a try. First of all, the restaurant was easy to locate. It was right on Chaoren Prathet road, not down a side street like so many other restaurants. Secondly, it has a very cute atmosphere- dark wood pillars with simple, but rustic tables and chairs. It "feels" like an Italian Restaurant. It was casual, but felt like it could easily be a fancy night out. Thirdly, the food is really good. Our family had an eclectic mix of salads, pizza, and pasta. The portions can be large, so there was a lot of sharing at our table. The pizza is easily the best that I had in Chiang Mai. We were too full for dessert, but the pan a cotta sounded like a dream. I didn't have high expectations for this restaurant, but I was pleasantly surprised.

• Visited October 2013