“Fantastic Thai Cooking Class”

Red Chili Cooking School
Authentic Northern Thai Class in Chiang Mai
Ranked #13 of 69 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join this authentic Thai cooking class during your holiday in Chiang Mai, which offers in-depth, fun and interpersonal cooking lesson to all Thai food lovers. During the 6-hour class, students get to learn five authentic Thai dishes, range from soup, stir-fried noodles,curry paste, curry and dessert. Classes also includes hotel pickups, local market tour.
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Thai Cooking Class”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We just finished a morning cooking class with Aon. He was professional and promptly picked us up from our hotel at 8:30 am (despite the fact that it was difficult for others to find) and then took us to the market. At the market he was informative and patient with our questions.

I loved the location of his class. It was in a very relaxing residential area. I was impressed with all of the work he had put into making the classroom and the eating area comfortable and pleasant. He had plenty of fans running and as it got warm he ran the sprinklers over the teak leaf roof to cool us off even more. The sound of the falling water added to the relaxing environment.

We are SO full after our class. He showed us many different dishes. Soup, pad Thai, curry w/ rice, green mango salad and sticky rice with Mango. I was amazed that I was able to eat them all. I was full but the food was so good I could hardly keep myself from finishing each dish. It was the first time I'd ever seen how curry was made. I always buy it in a jar.

I really appreciated how Aon helped us to personalize our dishes so they would be as we liked. (Less spicy for my husband, more sweet for me.) Aon and his aunt had a very organized system for clean up and for prep of the next meal.

My husband and I got extra attention because we were the only ones at the morning class and I enjoyed that Aon eat with us and visited with us. He is obviously a very kind person and I was happy to get to know him a bit.

I wish him the best of luck in his cooking school! It is clear that he enjoys what he does. That shows through and he made the day a very entertaining one for us. Thank you!

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The funnest thing I did in Chiang Mai!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I highly recommend taking a class here! Aon keeps his classes to only 8 people, which helps you actually learn something! He picks up from the hotel on time and brings you to a local market (with all locals) and explains different ingredients we will be using. He brings you to his home outside of the city center and you cook outside in his backyard. It felt like a cookout or a family get together! Aon is really passionate about what he does and goes out of his way to make sure you have a fun experience. I am a vegetarian and it was no problem for him to modify the recipes to help me out!
SO MUCH FUN!

Visited December 2013
Melbourne
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a wonderful experience!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you are intending on doing a cooking class, please contact Aon. He specialises in small intimate gorups so max 10 ppl in the class. He picks you up from the hotel, takes you to a local pamrket and explains some local foods and then heads back to his house. We actually do some prep and actually do the cooking. He also sent us the recipes via email after the class. My partner and I had the loveliest time. Thank you Aon!

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun - definitely recommend!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had a great time at the cookery class. Aon made the whole session really fun and accessible for all levels of cooking ability. The communication before the course was very helpful and any questions were met with really prompt answers. Being outside for both the cooking and the eating was great fun and everything was run very slickly. A must do in Chiang Mai - one of the highlights of our trip!

Bristol, England
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Brilliant and nice company”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We did a cooking course with Aon and had a great time with him and his family. I will do this again when we return to Chiang Mai.