“Really great experience! A must do in Chiang Mai!”

Red Chili Cooking School
Ranked #13 of 69 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join this authentic Thai cooking class during your holiday in Chiang Mai, which offers in-depth, fun and interpersonal cooking lesson to all Thai food lovers. During the 6-hour class, students get to learn five authentic Thai dishes, range from soup, stir-fried noodles,curry paste, curry and dessert. Classes also includes hotel pickups, local market tour.
Watford, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Really great experience! A must do in Chiang Mai!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a fantastic day cooking with Aon at the cooking school. It was a great experience, and amazing food! I have been to cooking schools before but I must say these were the best recipes I have tasted! Aon is a master of his art, he is proud of what he does and is not satisfied until everyone not only produces the dish but has displayed and garnished it to perfection. All the staff at the school were attentive and hard at work cleaning things away and preparing for the next course. Help was on hand whenever we needed it and everyone received individual attention. One of the guys was keen to take lots of photos. We cooked soup, pad Thai, made curry paste and cooked green or red Thai curry, papaya salad and finally mango and sticky rice, so much food! Truly a wonderful day- thank you red chili!

Javea, Spain
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great evening”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a great evening at the school cooking and eating lovely food. Aon is an interesting and funny guy that speaks English really well and knows a lot about Thai food, but credit is also due with his staff. They are always on the ball clearing up and getting ingredients ready for the next courses while you eat. The cooking stations are under shelter but outside, so I would recommend the morning class to avoid the Mosquitos. Would recommend to anyone!

Hoi An, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A must do in Chiang Mai!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Best activity we did in Thailand. Aon collects you from hotel and right from the off he is polite and entertaining in a relaxed, not too pushy way. This personable approach adds to the evening. He takes time to get to know our names, small thing but makes a difference. Meals are so tasty and his demonstrations make it so easy. Such good value too. Overall, a really relaxing entertaining evening. Highly skilled chef with a great personality.

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great evening!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time with Aon as he taught us the basics of thai cooking in a great environment! He picked us up from our hotel and took us to a local market, explaining the ingredients we would later be using as well as introducing us to previously unknown thai fruit and veg. We then headed to his home where he's set-up a lovely outdoor cooking facility made up of 8 individual cooking stations. We cooked, ate, laughed and danced the evening away in equal amounts! Excellent evening, recommend to anyone who enjoys good food and good company (you don't need to have any previous experience or interest in cooking to enjoy this, as demonstrated by my husband who had a great time!)

Perth, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fabulous food and fun”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Excellent cooking class and great fun. Really enjoyed the opportunity to learn together then work at your own station creating each dish by yourself. I cook Thai dishes at home, and this class I learnt what I have been doing wrong, and why I haven't been able to get those fresh, bursting flavours in my own dishes. Thanks Aon for teaching us how to use Thai ingredients like a professional. If you love cooking and eating fabulous food, don't miss this class in Chiang Mai!