“Alignment Workshop by Gernot”

Yoga Mind Yoga Body
Ranked #28 of 202 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in private yoga instruction at our beautiful rooftop studio, located just outside the old city on the way to the popular Nimman neighborhood. Founder and yoga teacher Gernot Huber has studied yoga since 1996, including Anusara, Iyengar, Kripalu, Forrest, and Ashtanga yoga, and has developed his own style incorporating best practices from multiple traditions while combining precision with playfulness. His broad anatomical knowledge and his dedication to tailoring his teaching to each student's needs have consistently garnered him high praise from his students.
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Alignment Workshop by Gernot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I discovered this workshop through TripAdvisor. And this was a great hit. The class was one of the best I've taken in my 10 year yoga training. Gernot has much depth in his understanding of the practice and a very nice way about him. Together the class was amazing. He provided food which was delicious! I made lots of new friends! Love what I learned! Still using the information daily!

Visited December 2012

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent Chiang Mai Yoga courtesy of Gernot Huber!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I discovered Gernot's yoga classes shortly before planning to leave Chiang Mai. However given that I had time and had discovered a teacher from who a lot could be learnt from I decided to stay a while longer. I ended up staying over a month longer and am very glad I did. Each week he takes a different theme related to good practice and explores it to great effect. At his regular classes at Yoga Tree and Wild Rose I feel I have improved my practice greatly and have already incorporated a lot of what he's taught me into my own practice. I also attended a yoga workshop he ran based on the five principles of alignment, the first of five he runs over the next months. It was a nine hour workshop over a day and a half, which included loads of time for experimenting with the principles he taught, ensuring they were understood individually, as well as bringing them all together nicely. It also included a healthy and tasty vegetarian thai lunch and fresh fruit throughout the workshop to keep our strength up I'm so glad I attended this workshop, my practice is definitely stronger for it.

Gernot is a excellent teacher with extensive knowledge of different styles of yoga which he brings together in his own teaching style. He is highly competent, patient, friendly, and his classes always bring something new and interesting, all done in a very enjoyable way. If you want to practice yoga in Chiang Mai, whether for a single session or for longer then Gernot is definitely worth a visit.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Tom C
Chiang Mai, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love yoga and this is a good place to practice this wonderful art! It's clean, peaceful, nice people and good technique from knowledgeable people! Recommended!

Visited November 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“First Class Yoga Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Taking a class with Gernot is a very enriching experience. Very knowledgeable teacher with enthusiasm patience and sense of humor. Clear precise verbal instructions with appropriate light hands on touch when correcting alignment which he has a great ability to perceive in students wether beginners or advanced. For anyone interested in learning yoga or already practicing well worth taking a class or more.

Visited October 2012
Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent teacher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had 3 drop-in classes with Gernot and enjoyed the practice very much. From Gernot I learned and really understood why Yoga is not just a physical practice but also a spiritual one. If you practice Yoga, Gernot's class is worth trying. Don’t hesitate to ask him questions about Yoga, he is a very knowledgeable teacher. To my questions, he identified the root of the my problem, gave my clear answer, or guided me to find the answer by myself, that's why he's an exellent teacher.

Visited May 2012