“a nice guesthouse =)”

Ranked #208 of 822 Specialty Lodging in Chiang Mai
Strasbourg, France
“a nice guesthouse =)”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I slept several nights at kikie's house, and I really enjoyed.
I had a bed in the dorm, who are nice and clean ... for only 120 baht ! so cheap !
The people there were great, and Kiki & Marco are really helpful, they give you good advices to what to do in Chiang Mai, trekkings, etc.
It's in a little street, calm, but still pretty close to every thing in the city.
I definetly recomand this guesthouse to every one ! =)

David.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank david L

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed January 21, 2013

When I travel, the most important thing is the people. At Kikie's Guesthose the hosts are very helpful and sweet. I had a cold while staying there, and Kikie drove off to get me food and pain killers. They helped me with all kinds of questions, and from time to time they invited me to join and see a documentary or barbecue or have a cup of tea.

It's not an upscale place. Pretty Simple. No garden. But I give them the best mark, because they are the best kind of people.

The location is also good. Nice and quiet, but central. Good for exploring the city centre. They have dorms and rooms. I stayed in a room. They also have a sweet little roof top.

Absolutely recommended for people's people.

Regards,
Demian

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank DemianVitanza
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Budget hostel in Chiang mai that is in a decent location on a quiet street near plenty of bars restaurants and markets on certain days .
On arrival we was over charged for the room , we realised this having checked our emails and was refunded the extra cost with an apology . We booked 3 trips with kikie and got discount on them as she has contacts in the treking circuit .
The room was spacious with plenty of furniture and places to hang and put your things . The bathroom was big and had a nice hot shower . The only complaint I have was cleanliness , from day one our feet were sticking to the floor . Me and my girlfriend stayed in a double room for 5 nights and wasn't cleaned at all during our stay , the fact that you have to put toilet paper in a bin rather the toilet in Thai makes this completely unacceptable and unhygienic .

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Andy-green84
Vancouver
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in December 2012 and had a great stay! The rooms are basic, but spacious, you feel safe and the prices cannot be beat. They haven't been open that long and I know they are working through some minor growing pains and working around the clock! Marko and Kikie were the best hosts in the world. I always felt I could ask them anything and always felt happy to come home in the evening. The location is close to everything and it's easy to arrange tours etc. through Marko or Kikie. The main area in the front is a great spot to meet new people and the other people staying at the guesthouse. We met SO MANY great people and loved Chiang Mai! Thanks you guys!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy E
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've been backpacking for quite some time now and Kikie's House is one of the best guesthouses I've stayed at. I usually stay in dorms but decided to go for a private room since it's quite cheap. My room was quite big, clean and nicely decorated, nicer than most rooms I've seen in this price range. Kikie and Marco are great hosts who went out of their way to help me with everything. It felt more like visiting friends than staying at a guesthouse. It's close to many bars, restaurants and temples as well, in a small, quiet street which I quite liked. When I'm back from Laos I'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Stephen F
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

After reading the good reviews we were looking forward to our stay here but we were slightly disappointed. The location is good which is in walking distance to all the the main attractions like the night bazaar, shops and bars and restaurants and the weekly markets. We were booked on a few tours at good prices which was great. The only thing that let the place down really was the atmosphere. We were expecting to meet more backpackers however it was mostly just friends or family of the owners gathered round the front at night which wasn't very welcoming. The room wasnt the cleanest when we arrived either especially for a recently redecorated guesthouse. There were ants in the bathroom, which is not too much of a problem and cant be helped, but the sink doesnt drain away so dead ants came floating back up. A scrubbing brush full of hair was left on the sink and the floor was very sticky! The owners were nice enough but I felt could have been more customer orientated. Overall a good location for a good price but I would maybe look at other options before staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Pink879
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Clearly, at 350 baht a night, this is not a five star hotel. But the rooms were clean, the location is great, and the people (Hi Marco!) were fantastic. I was pointed in the right direction of things to do meeting my budget, and met lots of interesting people. I would absolutely stay there again, the experience was very enjoyable.

They arranged laundry, muay thai (at a discount) and a motorbike for me, which was very convenient. They also told me about other interesting things happening in the neighborhood.

I saw in another review that the location is not good. Where do they think would be better? From there, I walked to all the temples in the old city, and walked to the Thai Pei gate during the evening, fab restaurants and massage and shops are all within 5 minutes walk, so it was great for me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo