Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Ways to Experience Galangal Cooking Studio
from $31.66
More Info
1,058 results
All reviews cooking class cooking school cooking course back home great cooking delicious dishes green curry food was amazing amazing experience ingredients teacher market vegetables
Selected filters
Reviewed July 4, 2019

We were a family group of 8 people and we had an amazing evening learning about thai culture and their cuisine. Our teacher, New, was very enthusiastic and she made the class more fun. She is a star! The visit to the market was also really interesting as we learnt a lot about different ingredients and we could see a real local market. We recommend this activity to everybody!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 26, 2019

I have no other words but AMAZING!!

This is the second time that I've done a cooking class at Galangal and loved every second again. We were 5 people but there was plenty of space in their kitchen. Our instructor, New, was amazing. She was very relaxed and patient with us. Nothing was done in a rush. They changed the menu so I got to cook new dishes than the first time. We cooked our first two dishes and then had time to eat and relax before we finished the last 3 and then had a lovely sit down dinner together.

If you are visiting Chiang Mai, Galangal cooking studio is a MUST DO. You will love it.

Reviewed June 20, 2019
Review of: Morning Course

Yesterday me and my friend did the half day morning class. Our teacher was a enthusiastic girl named Niw who was very patient and also very funny. We started at the local market where she told us all about different Thai ingredients that we would use to make our food. After that we went back and started to cook. We had an amazing morning and it was really fun to learn about the Thai kitchen and of course eating the food you made yourself. Definitely recommending doing this when you’re in Chiang Mai!

Reviewed June 14, 2019
Review of: Morning Course

Was given free time for the whole day during my study trip in Chiangmai and the cooking class offered by Galangal cooking studio is definitely a perfect activity to kill time! I especially love the market tour as it is very local and I got to have a taste of how it feels like being in a local market. Thanks to New, our cooking instructor, who not only taught me so much about Thai food culture but also the names and characteristics of different types of ingredients. She is absolutely a friendly and professional instructor.
The environment of the cooking studio is pleasant with adequate cooking equipments, people there were nice and talkative, I absolutely felt welcomed.
Also, the pick up service was a very considerate move and it surely increased my incentive to come to the cooking class:)

Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

This class was great! We had so much fun and New, our class instructor, was delightful. She was so helpful and patient even when we couldn’t get our curry paste to the right texture! We also loved receiving a whole Thai cook book via email after the class; will definitely be trying these recipes back home! Thanks New!

1  Thank meganelizabeth958