Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Ways to Experience Galangal Cooking Studio
from $31.66
More Info
1,058 results
All reviews cooking class cooking school cooking course back home great cooking delicious dishes green curry food was amazing amazing experience ingredients teacher market vegetables
Selected filters
Reviewed December 25, 2018

This could be one of the best I have attended after more than 15 cooking class in different countries.

I have enrolled for the full day class, it was another 2hrs more than the half day but it includes to make the curry paste. This is one of the important recipe for Thai dish.

The first part of the half day class was taught by the staff, the later part of the class for those enrol for the full day was taught by Aoy (the founder of the studio). I enjoy the second part of the class better, everything was explained in details, and taught with passion. Aoy also answered some of my questions of other thai dishes that was not taught in the class.

All the dishes are very good and tasty, the entire cooking was done by ourself and we adjusted the taste according to our own taste bug.

This is the second cooking class i have attend in Chiang Mai and this is definitely better. Do take part the full day class if possible. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

Took the full day class with my husband. We loved every moment of the class. Started with a tour of the local market to pick up some ingredients and ended with too much amazing food. The instructors were super nice and helpful. They also had hotel pickup and dropoff. Enjoyed the small class size. Would definitely recommend :). Definitely skip your meal beforehand you'll leave stuffed!!

Reviewed December 21, 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend did the half day evening cooking class. It starts off by taking you to a local market and buying the ingredients required for your meals. I learned so much about Thai vegetables and all the greens they use. Once you get to the cooking school your group starts by making Your chosen meals and then eating them afterwards. This is repeated with all 4 foods you get to chose. The manager speaks very good English and is super funny. We had a great evening, learned how to cook amazing meals and there was such much food to be Eaten. If you want to learn more about Thai culture and their food this is the place for you. Thanks for a great experience!

Reviewed December 19, 2018

Came here solo for a cooking class my last week in Chiang Mai. The market experience was really fun and informative. I told them about my food allergies ahead of time (gluten) and it turned out they didn't know what that was or which dishes may contain it. I had to be pretty picky about looking at packaging for noodles and such which was frustrating because they ask on the website and again when you pick out your dishes. Cooking was great and I did enjoy being able to pick what I wanted to make. It was a TON of food! But at the end of the night instead of giving out recipe books, they just took email addresses and said they would send a PDF instead and they no longer give books out so I felt a bit misled.

1  Thank shleysalive
Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

Aoy is a great teacher, I really enjoyed her class. There was a nice selection of dishes to choose from; it was actually hard to pick. I liked that we got to visit the local market to learn about commonly-used Thai ingredients. The class was organized and fun, it wasn’t stressful or hard to follow. All the dishes were pretty enough to photograph and tasted delicious. Highly recommend!