“Exquisite Coffee”
Review of Akha Ama Coffee

Akha Ama Coffee
Ranked #7 of 227 Coffee & Tea in Chiang Mai
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Akha Ama Coffee was established in 2010 as Social Enterprise to support coffee farmers in Thailand. We are farmers, roasters and operating cafes as well. Please note that our 1st Cafe at Mata Apartment is closed every Wednesday and every 2nd Tuesday of the month is our "Family Day". Thank you so much for your understanding and all of your supports.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Tasty coffee with in and outside areas to drink it. I love the secret spot tucked in the neighborhood outside of the old town but close to it. I will be back, glad I found it. I did not eat here but had an Americano. Delicious!

1  Thank Marybart

Reviewed August 6, 2013

You could say I've sampled a lot of coffee in my day, and Akha Ama coffee is absolutely divine, and what's been lacking in the way of Thai coffee shops. The temperature of the coffee is perfect, most coffee joints overheat their coffee and milk, leading to a very burnt taste, but not Akha Ama. Everything is precise, down to the intricate designs in the froth on their lattes and cappucinos. The taste? They, my friends, have perfected the art of coffee making. Rich, satisfying, toasty, almost caramel-y, and oh so addicting, the result of blending coffee beans sourced from prime locations in Thailand, and all over the world. I also enjoyed the French Drip coffee which packed a powerful punch, but my go-to was the Piccolo Latte. I visited the shop as many times as I could while I was in Chiangmai, and already miss it. The service was always prompt and friendly, and the wifi was adequate. Anyone who doesn't enjoy the coffee here is obviously missing a few tastebuds.

1  Thank amylaic
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was a great find whilst wandering the streets of the old city.
We felt that the ambience of this café was great and loved the décor.
My husband enjoyed his latte (made of Chaing Rai beans) and myself an iced chocolate.
Akha is up to the standard, in fact better than some of the coffee shops in Melbourne Australia. The owner was willing to share his pride in the knowledge of his coffees and this we appreciated

1  Thank nuggettdog
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I ordered the cafe latte, its was ok but why come here?
Its location is "out of the way" and their shop has old uncomfortable seating ,no air con. There are so many better cafe's than this one.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I am not a big coffee drinker, but my girlfriend is a huge critic, and I try the non-coffee drinks at every place she goes. I really enjoyed the iced chocolate, and even liked the unique flavor of my girlfriends iced Italian roast - it didn't have that powerful "coffee taste" that I cannot stand. My only complaint - no blender. I like frappe, iced goes down in 4-5 sips of the straw. I don't think I would call this the best coffee shop in Chiang Mai, but certainly one worth trying out!!!