“Great Food & Excellent Service !!”

Paris - Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #98 of 2,397 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic cuisine ! Tasty, fresh, clean and even more...
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Having lived in Chiang Mai for many years now, i have been looking for a decent place for a treat that does good Western food & also good Thai food.
I ate here with my Thai Wife & She was very impressed with the Spagghetti Kee Maow ( spagghetti with spices & mixed Seafood ) My wife is an excellent chef & is hard to please when eating out.
I had the Steak & Chips with sauce served with bread - i thought it was fair value at 270b & was the best steak i have tried here in Chiang Mai.
We both also shared a starter - Cheese garlic bread & that was delicious - the best weve both ever tasted.
To top it off the service was very Good by Thai Standards : )

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I sense that there is a controversy concerning the rating of this little restaurant on TA. Indeed, there are numerous suspicious "very good" or "excellent" reviews of novice reviewers (1 or 2 reviews under their belt) which might have pushed this restaurant up a bit in the rankings. However, no matter what, my Steak Frites (Flank steak) was among the best meats I had so far in Thailand, where local meat is often inedible. The fries came out of the deep freezer, but where in France/Europe/World aren't they previously frozen nowadays? The French bread was good. The place doesn't offer much in terms of decor, but I will probably go back. A restaurant doesn't have to have a menu as thick as a phone book, but here it is quiet limited.

1  Thank travelpr0123
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice friendly welcome with food to match. Cold beer and an extensive menu of both Thai and French favourites.Try the croque-monsieur anytime. A great evening ,I'll be back...

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We tried Paris as we'd passed it a couple of times on our way to other restaurants, were intrigued by the combination of French and Thai fare then noticed its high placing on Tripadvisor.

Now some might say the mix of French and Thai food suggests the place is confused but having visited, I'd say it's more the best of both worlds and offers something for everyone (especially as the menu also included burger & spaghetti). The mixed menu shouldn't put people off as long as it's all done well and what we had was.

We both started with garlic bread with cheese, a simple dish but done exceptionally well on lovely crusty bread with melted cheese with just the right amount of bite in its flavour. Probably the best cheesy garlic bread I've tasted.

For main, my wife had the Pad Thai which she thoroughly enjoyed whilst I had the Massamam curry with boiled rice. When I was asked how spicy I wanted it, I'd said medium and when it arrived it was delicious with a tasty kick to it.

Add to this, the warm and friendly welcome you receive and Paris well deserves it's high place in the list.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

A friend of mine introduced me to this place. I have only eaten here once but the Croque-Monsieur was really tasty. For that one time I have been there, I must say that the owner was extremely friendly and always willing to please. My friend ordered a Thai dish and that looked like a really good serving. GreaT value I must say. The waitresses were really attentive and friendly as well. Will surely be coming back again to try other dishes. Wishing the owner all the best.