“OK Coffee”
Review of Ristr8to Coffee

Ristr8to Coffee
Ranked #2 of 141 Coffee & Tea in Chiang Mai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Inspired by the specialty coffee culture around the world especially in Australia, Ristr8to is an independently unique cult concept cafe striving to serve the best coffee as it possibly can with our best effort in every single cup we make. We have immersed ourselves in the specialty coffee cultures of many of the world's great cities, in pursuit of the perfect art of coffee making such as Melbourne, London, San Francisco, Tokyo, and combined all of those experience to be our standard at Ristr8to. We took many honors from Barista competitions in Thailand, Australia, and internationality, you will find the same level of dedication, excellence and passion here at Ristr8to.
New York City, New York
“OK Coffee”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I love coffee. I will travel for a nice cup so when I came across this place on T.A i was excited to try. We went here expecting to get the ultimate cup of coffee after reading all the reviews.

This place does in no way sell the best coffee in Chiang Mai.

I found the Menu a little confusing (really ,I am not a stupid person) Could be my fault, maybe I picked the wrong blend or something but the cup I got served up was disappointing.

My Partner ordered a different one and he thought the same , nothing special really.

He also order a dessert ( some sort of wafer and ice cream) which never arrived , finally and I mean 20 mins later he asked the waiter what happend his order, they did not seem to know anything about it. Wen it did arrive it was presented with style and tasted excellent.

Would not go out of my way to return , but I guess I should give it another try as surely all the reviews cannot be wrong.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
California
“The coffee art is fine, the coffee better”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Must admit I asked for my face as coffee art and it was pretty cool. But even better, the drink was amazing, ranking among the best I've had, if not the best ever. Funky atmosphere and clientele. Recommended with confidence.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank ukaspar
London, United Kingdom
“Best coffee ever!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We ordered a flat white and a doppio ristretto (I think!). The latte art was stunning, and the ristretto was the best coffee I have ever had. The waffle sticks were also delicious and addictive.

Friendly service, good wifi, funky decor.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank fionitanz
New Mexico, USA
“I'll return to Chiang Mai just for Ristr8to”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is not only the best coffee in Chiang Mai, it's the best I've had anywhere in the world. The shop itself does have limitations:
- Limited seating
- Existant seating not very comfortable
But, on the plus side:
- Super friendly, knowledgeable staff
- Choose your coffee origin and type of drink, and then educate yourself about coffee by reading the signs around the shop while your drink is being made.
- Get your face put on your Latte! But expect the taste quality to be lower if you do, as they warn on the menu.
I think the people who gave an "average" review for this place might have picked coffee from a growing region that doesn't suit them. For example, I don't like Indonesian coffees, because I feel like they taste like dirt, so if I were to get the best espresso in the world, but it's made with Sumatra beans, I'm not going to be very impressed. If it's made with Ethiopian Sidamo, on the other hand, I'll love it!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank dyingcactus
Los Angeles, California
“Seriously Worth a Visit”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I love coffee and am decently into the "coffee culture", but this place still blew me away. The amount of care they take with their coffee is amazing, the variety is amazing, the coffee tastes amazing. All of the art/chalk on the walls inside is very impressive and the menu itself gives you enough history/analysis of coffee and your palate to have you reading for a good 20 minutes.

Got some ridiculous coffee order and made sure to get a decaf coffee to request a custom art design. They didn't disappoint - we asked them to recreate our company's logo, and they succeeded! These are some skilled baristas.

I also tried the waffle sticks, and they were unbelievably good. I ordered another set of them because they were some of the best waffles I've had in a long, long time.

I've never come across a coffee place as intense as this, and even if you only marginally enjoy a cup of joe, you should definitely make a trip to Ristr8to.

• Visited April 2013