“Great place to stay”
Review of Aoi Garden Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Aoi Garden Home
Ranked #123 of 933 Specialty Lodging in Chiang Mai
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a friend for 3 nights. The place is really nice. Very clean, clean toilets and showers. Beds were good with a fan each. And for £3 a night it's a great deal.
Made a whole lot better when you speak to T. He arranged everything for us, zip lining, elephants, tigers etc. Such a great help and really nice guy, would go out his way to help you out. Couldn't fault the place at all. Give it a visit.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Colin S

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My friend and I only stayed for two night at Aoi Garden, but we would have extended our stay if we could have. The atmosphere and the staff is amazing. The rooms are clean, the garden is beautiful and the place is close to everything. We met great people over there, i will definitely be back in a near future. I recommend this hostel for every backpackers who are willing to meet other travellers and party.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gabrielle B
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

A good hostel with cheap food and beer. The garden area is nice and makes the place seem more peaceful. We personally found it hard to make our way back to, but this could be more due to our own ineptitude than anything else. The rooms are basic (mattresses on the floor) but I guess that's what you get for the money! Polite, funny, eclectic staff made for a pleasant stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed for two nights and was impressed by the rooms and common garden area. My three friends and I stayed for two nights in a 5-person room. Rooms were in authentic Thai style and all the little features were there: curtains to give the beds privacy, lockers, individual fans and night tables. The garden area was beautiful and a great hang-out place to meet people. However, I was even more impressed with Aoi. She set us up with an amazing cooking class in the countryside and the most amazing elephant experience. (We were going to go with Elephant Nature Park for ethical reasons, but were persuaded by Aoi to try Woody's.) Great service. Amazing hostel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rosy L
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Aoi Garden Home will always have a special place in my heart! Tee (one of the employees) is so friendly and welcomes you like family. We became close with many of the other travelers staying here thanks to him! He offered us great advice on places to go and encouraged everyone to really appreciate and begin to understand Thai culture. The air con worked for us no problem in one of the hottest weeks of April. The garden is in a lovely, tranquil area. It's not a far walk (10-15 min) from the main parts of town with the best bars and good food. I would love to come back here sometime in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kaitlin M
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this place. The positives are that it isn't that far away from the centre. The staff are pleasant. The garden is pretty. It's cleanish and the showers are ok. The negatives outweighed the positives for me though. We didn't have air con and I would advise to go elsewhere if all the air con rooms are booked up. The rooms got so hot we had to avoid the hostel for the majority of the day and i was so hot I slept very poorly. The fans don't help. The hotel is green and lush but obviously with that comes bugs and lots of them, even with deet I got bitten a lot and there were loads of flies in the garden. The day we left I said we were going to the elephant nature park where one of the staff told me I would be worked like a slave. It annoyed me because up to this point I was really excited about it and actually they don't work you like slaves and it's a great experience. This place wasn't for me.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Welcoming and great vibes. You walk straight into the main garden area where you can chill or talk to people. The people that work there try to make you feel like home all though I thought a little to pushy when I walked in - on trying to book me a tour. I walked everywhere here. To the temples, to boutique shops, to the night market (all though maybe catch a red car back). The rooms were great, bathroom was kept clean. Definitely stay worth the $$$.

• Stayed: May 2014