“First time visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aoi Garden Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Aoi Garden Home
London, United Kingdom
“First time visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hostel was so pretty and comfortable, Aoi was really helpful and gave us advice when planning our activities for the stay. The whole place has a really nice chilled out atmosphere and i have been suggesting it to loads of people heading to Thailand :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bexcreature

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Chiang mai is an amazing city and so is Aoi Garden Home. The owner is very nice (they gave us three maps lol) and the room is awesome! I've been to many hostels in the world and this one is the most comfortable one I've ever stayed in. The price is so cheap I wish I never have to go home.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cherry L
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Hostel was pretty nice, clean and quiet.
Location isn't that great unless you want to get a tuk tuk everywhere or just staying one night
My bed was booked out and I was forced to leave after two nights.
And there is only one bathroom per building which is 10 beds I believe...

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Candace W
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I ended up here on a fluke (no place to stay and invited by someone I met on the train) It is located in the old town and is easily walkable to all of the sightseeing places. The rooms are all no a/c, which worried me at first as it was pretty hot during the day. However, it cooled down enough at night and there was a pretty good breeze. They shut the gate at night for safety but you have a key to come and go as you please. There are both hot and cold showers available. The only prob with the showers is they have a pretty strict no shoes inside policy. This includes in the showers. Find it kind of gross to shower without shower shoes. Fortunately, there are showers that are considered "outside" so I just used these and my shower shoes. The place is pretty small and seems to fill up quickly, so book ahead!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Milton Keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hostel has ben great whilst booking our daughters trip to Thailand. The website does not allow you to book 1 night alone at weekends it has to be 2 or more but they were very kind and let us book a Friday when we were booking the Tuesday to Friday the following week. The receptionist offered our daughter a fan when she was sitting in reception as it was very hot. Very kind people and the hostel is kept very clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank szilady
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is in one word "amazing".
It's located in the center of Chiang Mai, a 5 min. walk from everything you'd want to go to in old town. But in a quiet "soi" (alley), this makes it very peaceful at night (and also during the day). Aoi and her husband are very friendly and helpful and offer great service. I stayed in the dorm (5 bed) for 100 THB per night, which is VERY cheap for what you get. Good warm shower and a towel provided. They also have reasonably priced breakfast, delicious shakes and a variety of tea and coffee. They have a big garden with comfy chairs and some sunbeds. Everybody just hangs out in the garden and there is a very good atmosphere. Met some really nice people here. They help you with booking treks aswell and basically everything else you'd need in Chiang Mai. From directions, calling a tuk-tuk to finding a cooking class or whatever for you.

The second time I was in Chiang Mai I called ahead and booked the dorm. Something went wrong and I ended up in an A/C room, but Aoi went out of her way to ask someone else to stay in my room with me so we could share the price, but eventually she just gave me a fan and told me not to use the A/C and I still paid 100. (just an example of the good service)

I would recommend everybody to stay here as I had an amazing time here (actually stayed in Chiang Mai longer than I planned because of the good times at Aoi's). Call or e-mail ahead at any time, but especially in high season. Cause even now in low season it was almost full or completely full every night.

Go here and have a guaranteed good time!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Leonsmi
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is quiet, comfortable, welcoming, and it is of great value! The best hostel I've ever been staying at. There is a well managed garden of huge size (ok, in Asian standard). The beds are comfy. The bathrooms are spacious. The staffs are helpful. It is also well located in the old city. In fact everything within the old city moat can be reached on foot. I will definitely stay here again if I have another chance to visit Chiang Mai!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo