“Couldn't ask for anything more”
Review of Aoi Garden Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Aoi Garden Home
“Couldn't ask for anything more”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We originally booked 3 nights at Aoi Garden Home, but as our plans changed, one of us decided to do a trek, booked through Aoi herself, so we asked to stay on an extra 4 nights as we had no intention of looking elsewhere for accommodation. Aoi always managed to accomodate us. You couldn't ask for anything better for the ridiculously low price! The rooms don't resemble dorms, they're cosy and homely and cleaned everyday. You get a normal sized bed and a great nights sleep as the road outside is quiet.
Great location, not on the main road so you can actually sleep, but only a 5 minute walk into the town.
There's a beautifully kept garden as well which means you don't have to venture out if you just fancy a break from activities!
Would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Gracetodd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Amazing place! I extended my stay in Aoi Garden because it was so special. Very relaxed, chilled out, laid back place. With awesome, friendly, artsy atmosphere. Very nice people, Aoi is amazing, friendly and helpful person. They have great banana pancake for breakfast (I miss them already!) Great barbecues and whole place is just amazing. Very cozy hoses, rooms are excellent. Location is also perfect. You cannot regret staying there., I want to go back definitely! I would pay a lot more for this, it is crazy cheap for such an amazing place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Zofia K
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I don't even know where to begin... We stayed 5 nights and I could have stayed 5 years. Aoi the owner is so great along with the rest of the staff. This place is a little bit of heaven with its cozy and welcoming ambiance. Very clean and the rooms are very cute. My husband & I stay in a private room and our son stay in the dorm and we were all pleased with the accommodation. I will definitely recommend Aoi Garden Home and would stay there again myself

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IGMOR1216
Camden, Maine
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Aio Garden Home is the best hostel I've ever been to. The staff are friendly, funny and incredibly helpful. Our friend got food poising the morning we were leaving, and Aio set up a cot in her office for him to rest on after we'd checked out. Everything was super clean, the beds are comfortable, the common area is nicely set up so it feels quiet and relaxing despite being a 5 minute walk to raging bars and delicious food. You won't regret staying here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nellie S
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I booked this hostel hastily and staying here made me wish I did more research. I thought one of the hosts was actually kind of rude. Her demeanor was very abrupt and after opening the door on us while we were half naked changing for the evening, she scolded us for walking around too hard. I weigh 120 pounds and I certainly don't stomp on floors so I was at a loss of what to do other than tip toe. I felt affronted as I haven't really experienced any sort of rudeness the entire time I've been in SEA. I was very disappointed as I really wanted to like the hostel.

Also, if you're on a schedule, I wouldn't order breakfast here as you really don't know what to expect with the wait time. I understand that there aren't a lot of people running the hostel but my parents own a restaurant with just the two of them running it (dad cooking and mom taking orders) but they can get still get a plate of eggs out in less than forty minutes with 10 orders in queue unlike this hostel. However, if you look at the price, what can you expect. You get a room with a bed that is reasonably clean and it's not in a horrible location. The garden is very pleasant and offers a nice respite. I would encourage anyone else to look at other hostels or bed and breakfasts as there are a lot more opening in Chiang Mai and perhaps it is a grass is greener thing...but they certainly looked like more attractive options.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gtech
AoiGardenHome, Owner at Aoi Garden Home, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello - we're really sorry you were disappointed with your stay but we are very happy to hear you were satisfied with the location and cleanlieness at our hostel. We are sad to hear you felt you were treated rudely and are sorry for any unhappiness this caused you. We're not trying to make excuses but it's high season and we have been very busy and unfortunately, you may have caught just caught us at an off moment. Most of our guests are very happy with the service we provide and the friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We hope if you're ever in Chiang Mai again, you will give us a second chance. We wish you safe and happy travels.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Tucked away, in the gates of Chiang Mai. I fell in love with the ambiance here. Had to make Aoi Garden my home as I chilled for the last two weeks of my traveling. I couldn't ask for more: cheap rates, cleanliness and yet, so close to everything. Need I say more, really??

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Aoi and Nong are the best hosts you could wish for in Chiang Mai, they are friendly, helpful and almost impossible to leave! The beds are great, I had the best sleep here since arrival in Thailand over a month ago. Its a very clean hostel, and every single thing form laundry to all day tours were organised! I highly recommend that you stay here and meet Aoi!

Room Tip: Fan 4 rooms are close to the shower, and quite!