“Fantastic staff”
Review of FWD House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
FWD House
Ranked #400 of 933 Specialty Lodging in Chiang Mai
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The service my friend and I received at FWD was exceptional. It felt like the owner, Win, was committed to making our experience at FWD and in Chiang Mai as easy as possible. From helping us book trips out of town and activities in Chiang Mai to finding some belongings that my friend had lost in Chiang Mai, Win gave our stay in Chiang Mai a very personal touch.

Location of this hostel is in close proximity to some of Chiang Mai's most popular temples and a couple of very good cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrew B

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The rooms and bed were comfortable, the staff and guests were very nice, the location was great. Don't really know what else to say. Perfect! I fell on my motorbike leaving a nasty wound on my arm and the owner dressed it every day and night for free. Very nice people running this place. If you're staying in Chiang Mai, you should be staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the window because a lot of light comes in that big window
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Zach H
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

My only criticism of this place is that it is not designed to be a social hostel. Everyone retires to their own cubicle and it is hard to know how many people are even in the room at a given time. Besides that, it is great. The beds were comfortable, the lighting in the room was good, the AC was adequate, and the staff were very friendly. Location wise it is a ten minute walk from Thapae gate and very near all the major temples in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Eitan F
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have no doubt that everyone who has been giving rave reviews here are correct. I had originally booked for 4 nights during Songkran for this year (2013) several months in advance through booking.com. I booked so far in advance, in fact, that i am almost embarrassed. Anyway, a few weeks later, the booking.com people got in touch with me to let me know that they didn't feel confident that fwd house could honour the reservation. Booking.com told me that fwd house was going to be closed at the time i had reserved. i was surprised and thought that booking.com was incorrect. So, i checked out fwd house on Facebook and opted to book directly. I liked the layout of the hostel and the price and location, so I was very pleased to learn that it was not going to be closed. Months went by and then 2 days before I was to arrive, i received a curious email asking if I wouldn't mind staying somewhere else for a night or two and that the prearranged airport pickup could not be done. No name was given, just that the accommodation would be with a friend. I felt like I was doing fwd house a favour when I opted to cancel the entire reservation. I have been travelling solo for a few months and take security pretty seriously. It took me several hours of research to find something suitable and within budget as of course anything really good was booked out, as it naturally would be for Songkran. I was very disappointed in this and suggest that you double check the reservation. I am not even sure that this would be enough because I had double checked but still had to deal with the "double booking". I was very disappointed as I say and while I can't assess the quality of the accommodation, I did feel strongly enough about the experience to share it. Normally, of course, not a problem, but not great for a guesthouse to do this at a time when it needs to be reliable. So, that's my two cents. Perhaps a sign of success, but not a great one. Too bad.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Merrianne
FWDhouse, Owner at FWD House, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

The topic is she didn't stay with us but wanted to speak out.
This is the first case and the first cancellation.
Explanation:
About her reservation, We mistook to put her name on the first date. We made double check and when we knew the problem,we sent a massage to her and also we reserved other good place for her. In this situation,The other guest stayed before her in full capacity why we couldn't serve her. She putted on her email that would like cancel all reservations by herself.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Perfect location just a 15 minute walk to the amazing temples and right in the middle with short walks to the night bazaar and markets and restuarants. The showers are great and spacious and the dorm is designed well with privacy and a safe but also a chance to meet other travellers. The owners were outstanding in their service, welcoming and kind and helping book trips and taxis all the time. They went out of their way to arrange everything at a good cost! would definetely recommend this hostel to future travellers, it is a must stay!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank katiesmith05
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Arrived mid morning after a long and bumpy train ride from Bangkok...and was warmly greeted by one of the owners. They were very friendly and could not be more helpful.
The place has a unique set up, offering a social environment if you want and privacy too.
Met some great people at FWD House.
A fabulous selection of tours are on offer - noteably though, the staff are helpful in answering any questions without wanting to "Sell" you anything....
What better compliment than to say i'll look forward to staying here again when i return to Chiang Mai. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SouthernTravla
Reviewed March 14, 2013

spacey rooms yet you feel alone as the boxed beds are separating you from others, my room smelled of fresh paint and windows won't open, aircon was on all night which made room frozen and you can't turn it off the reception stuff has the remote...wldnt recommend or stay again...

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ankask
FWDhouse, Owner at FWD House, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

FWD Hostel are not Party hostel for sure. Please change your mind because you knew before.
That you thought "fresh paint" but is a smell from Thai herb to protect the mosquitoes or ants and next "windows won't open" why we protected the mosquito to get in the room(can't open only at night) BECAUSE we worry about "Malaria" that every traveler scare it. Another one thing,Just take off the shoes before come in the room. It 's easy and good manner. Why!! The room are clean that is important for staying in.
The reception are not open 24hours. We have the time show for office hour that you knew before when you booked.
WE had our standard. Sorry if you didn't like it.
Bye