“The best priced, the friendliest staff and an amazing concept. Backpackers heaven.”
Review of FWD House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
FWD House
Ranked #274 of 867 Specialty Lodging in Chiang Mai
Reviewed September 23, 2012

A bit hidden in one of the side streets of 'sunday walking street' we found this hostel. A sign said 'boxbeds' for 150 baht. As we were paying a lot more we had a look and we were impressed. The dorm was cool, clean and quiet and contained around 10 'boxbeds' which give you a lot of privacy. The showers were hot and clean and the design of the whole place is just so modern! But the best part of the hostel is the staff! I can honestly say they are the friendliest people I have ever met. They made us thai specialities every day (for free, just becsuse they wanted us to try) on their small terrace. They just really make you feel at home and I was really touched by their mentality. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. And oh you should book your trips with them as well! They gave us a free night for that. And they have to scooters for rent as well. Just go to FWD house. !!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank HannahGarcia91

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here, we turned up without a booking and had to stay elsewhere :-( when we returned after two days they had space. The box-style beds give you all the privacy you need with your own personal locker. very clean bathroom with an edgy industrial feel and nice dressing room for comfort and privacy. The only drawback is we didnt have time to meet other travellers, there is not a big socialising area. The staff however are very friendly, they gave us free tea and banana cake- YUM. Couldnt reccomend highly enough and very cheap!! :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank daisyflowerface
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The two nicest people I met in all of my travels round Thailand own FWD house! It was absolutely fantastic and I can't reccommend it enough. They even went to get me medicine when I needed it! In a great location an they offer everything you could need. It was just what I needed after a long coach ride and being dropped in Chang Mai at 5:30 am. Fantastic.

• Stayed September 2012
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Tough to come up with enough superlatives for FWD House. Spent 5 nights here in early September '12 (en route to Mongolia for a month) on a brief recon of Chiang Mai for possible resettlement after completing 9 months teaching EFL in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

The "box beds" are utterly BRILLIANT! Each with a huge (floor to ceiling) storage unit (w/ sturdy supplied padlock) at one end of the (comfy) bed, and a bed-light (hallelujah!) at the other. The storage unit has wide doors, which when opened, effectively provides you with your own private bitty hotel room!

Combine that with a fantastic location (on quiet street inside old city walls a short stroll from the market, etc.), air-con (8pm-8am), super reliable/swift wifi, plenty of hot water in the (spic 'n span) shared bathroom (cement, as that's the most sanitary in Asia) a great little open-air restaurant (with fantastic Thai curries, eggs for breakfast, etc.) plus complimentary snacks each evening, and... best of all, the most delightful and helpful Thai owners who (both) speak excellent English (I haven't a clue why another reviewer said otherwise).

Indeed, they both bent over backwards to help me - taking me my car around to all the English schools to inquire into teaching possibilities (many, if you have a CELTA), as well as to check out long-term apartment rentals.

Better yet, (blessedly) not your party hostel. And all this - for just $5 per night! Seriously, does it get any better?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelnLass111
Wanneeickel
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at the FWD GH in August 2012. Rooms were clean, every bed in the dormroom has its own locker and because of the box type of beds you have privacy even though it is a dormroom. But what mostly amazed me, is the owner family. Always a free tea, always help with everything. These guys take time for their customers. Awesome ...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I initially booked for 3 nights and then extended for another two. I've now come back to stay longer and would definitely stay again. The hostel is clean and it's quiet in the night time, the owners are amazing and I've met some really amazing people while I've been staying here. The trips organised by the hostel are fantastic and they cook a great thai green curry too :-) The box beds make the room feel really private so it's not like staying in a usual dorm. There are lockers, towels and drinking water and the location couldn't be better. The owners are just wonderful and I don't think I'd have stayed as long if it hadn't have been for all their kindness and great hospitality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank afirth100
Fukuoka, Japan
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The most amazing owners I've ever met at a hostel. They are extremely nice and helpful, and within three days made me feel like I was staying at a friend's house rather than in a hostel dorm. There were so many thoughtful little gestures or touches that added up to make my stay there a truly wonderful experience. Too many to list, but the food at the restaurant was delicious and there's free wi-fi and water.

It's a 10-bed dorm, but the box beds allow for individual privacy (though bring earplugs if you need them as it's still a dorm). Each bed comes with an individual locker that's the size of a mini-closet, an electrical outlet, and a lamp. The room is air-conditioned at night. The hostel is also clean and a good value for money.

It's not a party hostel, but as of August 2012, there's only one 10-bed dorm and I met some very cool people when I stayed there. I would definitely stay at FWD House again if I'm in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends