“Nice little guesthouse on the edge of the old city”

Baanthalang Chiangmai
Ranked #211 of 758 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice little guesthouse on the edge of the old city”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband I stayed here for five nights in February. The room was clean without a separate shower area in the bathroom. It was serviced well daily. The owners were nice and spoke good English - have them arrange any activities for you as they will want the commission. Breakfast was decent. A bit of a walk from the old town, but we didn't want to stay there anyway. Close to the mall and a hospital.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank sfroyvr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The only way to write this review - and explain the full five stars - is to tell a true story. And believe me, this actually happened.

The day I was checking out I learned that my flight to Bangkok had been cancelled and all flights, trains and buses to the capital were fully booked. Well, the lady running the Baan Thalang locked the front door and did everything in her power to get me a bus ticket and succeeded. We were driving around Chiang Mai hunting the ticket and she also drove me to the bus station. She was so happy for me to make the bus, hugging and everything.

I've met many good, friendly and helpful people during my travels but this lady is out of this world. The only way I can thank her is to visit Chiang Mai again to stay at her guest house, which will feel like coming home to mum's.

The guest house itself? Clean, nice, comfortable, safe. Air conditioning was a power house, water pressure very good etc and all rooms en suite. In the UK this would be labelled as a top of the range B&B. And all this for £20 / £25 night, not the cheapest in Chiang Mai but do you really want to save a few pennies and deal with cockroaches, poor plumbing and so on?

The Baan Thalang place is a hidden gem. And yeah, I was traveling for business so I was very happy to learn that they have an ultra fast Wifi that functioned perfectly in my room during my 8-day stay. So this place quite astonishingly qualifies as business hotel as well. Full five stars, my first ever during my time with Tripadvisor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side might be slightly noisy, as it's a busy street. On the other hand you g...