Lowest prices for your stay
$18
Free cancellation until 09/26/21
Hotels.com
$18
Free cancellation until 09/26/21
$15
Free cancellation until 10/01/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$15
Travelocity$18
CheapTickets$18
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I travelled alone to Chiang Mai in August 2012 and was in Chiang Mai for more than a week. It was more of a leisure and resting trip for me.

I stayed at "At Home At Chiang Mai" for 2 nights before moving out into Star Hotel which is near the night bazaar. The reasons for staying at At Home At Chiang Mai was because it was within walking distance to the Saturday night market and the Sunday night market.

At Home At Chiang is operated by a sister and brother team. The brother is a dentist who has his own clinic just in front of the hotel! The siblings are very friendly, decent and down to earth people and are forth-coming with information to the questions I raised.

I was welcomed in by the sister when I reached the hotel. And I stayed on the 3rd Floor on a room that was facing the main road. The room costs a Thousand Baht at night from booking.com. It was more than worth it.

The room is huge with a queen size bed, Flat screen TV and a nice balcony in front a smaller balcony at the side. The nicely decorated room is bright and cheerful and the feeling of comfort immediately set in.

It also comes with all the amenities and I like the nice little thoughtful touches that the owners put in. E.g. Free wireless network, and the speed is fast and connection a breeze, a latch on the door - security for a female lone traveler.

Everything is considerably new and it is kept clean and span. The well ventilated toilet is of a decent size as well with the toiletries provided as well.

It felt really nice, comfortable and secure staying in "At Home At Chiang Mai"

A place can be great but if the host does not have a high level of customer service and orientation or put the guest in his priority, it will not be a great stay.

This hotel is one of the nicest places that I have stayed and where I immediately felt welcomed and settled in. I really felt the sincerity, care and concern that the owners have for the guest when I experienced first hand myself the next day.

I had booked a 1 day cooking class and the pick up for at 8.30am. At 9.00am, the pick up is still not here. I was chit-chatting with the sister during this half an hour where she gave me advise on where to shop and to take note of tourist traps.

During this half an hour, she went out to check out several times whether the pick up had arrived. And at 9 am, she asked me about the name of the cooking school so that she can call and check. How nice!!! This is why this place is so much in demand!

The main door is closed at night and entry was through a card access system which is pretty cool to me, you don't have to bring too many keys out. This is the first time that I have come across an accommodation that has this card access system.

The hotel is high in demand, the sister even told me that one of her guests insisted on staying in the hotel for 6 days even though he has to shift room 6 times!

Well I will definitely stayed there again if I go to Chiang Mai

Keep up the good work!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Sailortraveller
Reviewed November 23, 2012

New small guesthouse, just 6 rooms only. Best price with clean, comfortable and big room. Provide a set of toothbrush and toothpaste.
Hotel too close to the main road, has a bit noisy at night, but acceptable.

Room tip: Choice the room not close to the main road.
Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Sometimes, when we go to a new place, we are nervous so we only book one night. What a mistake here! They only have 6 rooms. All are amazing. So book away without fear. Good location. Great rooms. Amazing showers. And the comfiest beds in Chiang Mai.

Room tip: Room 5 was great.
Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We loved this hotel! We only stayed one night as we arrived in Chiang Mai earlier than expected and already had accommodation booked for the rest of the time. However we wish we could have stayed longer. The rooms were very modern with beautiful wooden furnishings, a really comfy bed and modern bathroom.
The location was perfect just near the river in the Old Quarter, and near to restaurants and bars. It was so reasonably priced; stay here if you can!

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank Eloise82
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Perfect Budget Hotel, located in old city close to east gate which is on walking distance from night market. New hotel which has very nice rooms a nd a friendly helpfull staff. Limited (Not to much) noice from bars in the street
Many options for breakfest and dinner (restaurants/food stalls) Look also for many food stalls on south gate 5-10 min walk.
Price/Quality very good