“Mmmm rotisserie chicken ...”
Review of SP Chicken

SP Chicken
Ranked #62 of 2,237 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed January 28, 2014

After a long, tiring day of being tourists we stumbled across SP Chicken on our way back to our hotel. The roasting chicken smelt so good that we just had to try it - and it was as good as it smelt!

We enjoyed chicken and som tam and laughed at our Thai version of BBQ chook and coleslaw.

Simple, tasty food prepared well, served quickly and priced cheaply. Worth a visit :)

4  Thank SujoyP

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Whether you sit in or take away it's all about the chicken here. Come between 4-7 to make sure they haven't run out because it's a popular place. There are 2 other roast chicken places in Chiang Mai that I also go to but each has it's certain flavor. This is in my top 3 depending on my mood and taste on the day.

4  Thank travellerjack_10
Reviewed December 16, 2013

On arrival in Chiang Mai we wanted to visit SP Chicken, and after a long search, found it at its new location. What a find it was! The chickens are somewhat smaller than western fryers, but they're stuffed with garlic and lemon grass, then cooked on the fantastic rotisserie with a magical marinade slathered-on during the process. Served with a mild sauce (for "non-thais) or a delicious spicy sauce for the "truly committed", the famished among us were able finish off an entire bird. Other good choices on the menu include the salads and grilled pork. On our last day in Chaing Mai we made a point of visiting again for a farewell lunch. Loved it!

2  Thank WhiteRockBruce
Reviewed December 14, 2013

After visiting several temples that morning, our guide recommended SP Chicken for lunch. It is a simple restaurant with a few tables but pretty basic setting. The food was delicious with good service. We decided to order multiple dishes and eat family style. We had chicken, sticky rice, kale, and papaya salad. Very enjoyable lunch!

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

The chickens are very tiny compared to western standards.A whole bird is about 1/2 bird back home . I ordered a whole chicken assuming I would take some home but I did eat the entire chicken. I ordered rice with it and that was what it was . The meat was cut up in 12 pieces and served with one sweet spicy and one spicy concoction kind of a sauce . The skin was lovely and crisp but the bird was not freshly cook otherwise the juice would have just run out . The have the chickens kind of on top of the rotisserie sitting and waiting to be ordered. Yes I did it the entire bird but mainly I was very hungry and missed out on lunch today. It was okay but I certainly will not crave it soon. However I will give them another try and maybe I will get a juicy and succulent rotisserie chicken as I would have assumed it to be . Yes it is a whole in the wall place but well organized . Not the best chicken I