“Great Thai lunch”

Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Atlanta, GA
“Great Thai lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

After visiting several temples that morning, our guide recommended SP Chicken for lunch. It is a simple restaurant with a few tables but pretty basic setting. The food was delicious with good service. We decided to order multiple dishes and eat family style. We had chicken, sticky rice, kale, and papaya salad. Very enjoyable lunch!

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
“Not the best rotisserie chicken I have ever had but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

The chickens are very tiny compared to western standards.A whole bird is about 1/2 bird back home . I ordered a whole chicken assuming I would take some home but I did eat the entire chicken. I ordered rice with it and that was what it was . The meat was cut up in 12 pieces and served with one sweet spicy and one spicy concoction kind of a sauce . The skin was lovely and crisp but the bird was not freshly cook otherwise the juice would have just run out . The have the chickens kind of on top of the rotisserie sitting and waiting to be ordered. Yes I did it the entire bird but mainly I was very hungry and missed out on lunch today. It was okay but I certainly will not crave it soon. However I will give them another try and maybe I will get a juicy and succulent rotisserie chicken as I would have assumed it to be . Yes it is a whole in the wall place but well organized . Not the best chicken I

• Visited November 2013
Tsukuba, Japan
“Thai BBQ Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is half open-air restaurant. It takes 15-20minutes walk from Thapae gate.

"Gai Yang" BBQ chicken was so juicy and good garlic smells. yummy!!
"Som Tam" Papaya salad was just OK.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ChampaFlower
china
“great chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I went by myself, ordered 1/2 chicken, papaya salad, sticky rick and beer. Chicken was very favorable, and eaten with the sauce, was delicious. papaya salad was just a great. i will probably come back to eat here again.
the place is open from 1100-2100

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hole in the wall treat in Chiang Mai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Sp chicken is the definition of a hole in the wall. One of the sites where Chef Andy Ricker claims to have been inspired before opening restaurants in the US, SP chicken is a must visit while in Chiang Mai. It's a simple establishment and you should play to their strength. There were 6 of us, and we ordered one "whole" chicken and some beers. Without question, best chicken I've had in Southeast Asia. Great flavor, perfectly cooked, tons of herbs and garlic for flavor. Staff was incredibly friendly.
Note: SP chicken recently moved. Make sure you go to their new location- NOT the address on Sri Phum Road.

• Visited August 2013