Chiang Mai Plaza Hotel
  • Restaurant
$550
$252
Agoda.com
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
$96
$55
$375
$340
1,046 results
All reviewsnight marketnew winglarge hoteltraditional thaibuffet breakfastlocation is excellentpool area islaundrytemple
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The grand entrance to this hotel tries to pass it off as a nicer hotel than it is. We were here on an individual trip around Thailand but hotels were booked through our travel agent. I know that this hotel is used a lot as it gives best deals to agents. Well had we been given the choice we would not have stayed here. As we couldn't move hotel we paid extra to get a deluxe room. More space + a balcony.. yes, but it still suffers from tired decor & overworked cleaning staff. It's not filthy but dusty in the corners. Pool area is rundown with overpriced bar & the most awful food. Breakfast is not something you look forward to either. It's ok.. not my Thailand dream hotel but then I know to book it myself next time. Hit & miss with the reception staff. Good points is the super good locations to the night market & it has a very handy 7-11 right opposite.. also have two kareoke bars which might come in handy as well :)

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The common parts of this hotel are frightfully grand after which the rooms are a bit of a let down, but nevertheless reasonable value for money. I had a deluxe room which was a good size and well fitted out. Breakfast in the huge dining hall was a bit chaotic and the staff insisted on clearing your place even if you got up to get another coffee, meaning that someone else would go and sit there before you got back. Irritating. When I checked out, I had to wait for five minutes while someone checked over the room, presumably to ensure that I hadn't nicked anything. This was a first for me! I suppose it tells you about the hotel's usual type of customer....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

After traveling around Asia for 2 months we checked into the Chiang Mai Plaza for a little R and R. For $60 a night we had a very nice large room with balcony overlooking the pool including: TV, AC, 2 bottles of water everyday. king size bed, so so in-room Wifi and hair drier.This room was an upgrade from the room we had 2 years ago. The fitness room was large with many machines, weights etc. The ornate Lobby includes many large seating areas and 2 musicians playing traditional music in the evenings. As it was our first buffet breakfast while traveling we enjoyed grazing on Asian and Western breakfast treats.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel lobby is stunning, traditional Thai. The room looked a bit old, but everything was well maintained, so not an issue and the breakfast was a bit sparse. BUT, the great thing about this hotel is its location! It is SUPER close to the GREAT Asusarn night market (about a block away) and there are great, reasonable restaurants there too. It is also close to the river where you can find some nightlife and some nice restaurants too. All in all worth it and good value for money.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room which wasn't that great, so I would recommend a more expensive room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stay here four nights, Věry nice lobbý NIGHT life music on the bar. Kind stuff, room was little bit old fashioned but FOR the price was ok . I dont know why i must write at atleast two hundreds words. Ti pisses mě off

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple