“lightly paid with homy taste” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lapin Cafe
Ranked #377 of 2,026 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Homemade medium-size European restaurant,good food, good taste,standard service,clean.Operated by experience chef.Most of ingredients from local.Kids friendly,family restaurant and romantic dinner. Nice atmosphere from 40 years old traditional-building,air-condition room and backyard-dining space.Located in city center.Near NAWARAT Bridge.
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“lightly paid with homy taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Well, I could say that it was so great as I have been here for 3 years in my homeland ^_^!! Furthermore, It is very near to my house and I would be able to pop up anytime here, yay, whenever I wanted to. - actually just once a week ieieie

Normally, I loved to have a bowl green salad but seperate the dressing much better, it is really excellent taste but I know myself how much I can take it; whooopssssss, egg plants salad is not bado thou.

As for the pizza, it seems to be popular among Thais and some sort of visitors, well, I think it is lovely but still move on to get something better..just desire to have very good pizza dough in chiangmai..

Anyway, it is the best food from Thai chef..

you are great

nice sevice and hospitality minded..

• Visited June 2013

Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I came this cafe for dinner .the food is good i had crab gratin and pasta .the service is ok. and a reasonable price.

• Visited April 2014
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Excellent European Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is just across the Nawarat Bridge behind the Church School. I would start your visit to the Night Markets here as you are only a 10 mins walk away.
The menu has a good choice and value of money. Staff are very helpful and kind.
We had a 3 courses plus drinks for 3 people Baht 1,500:
If your not too keen on Thai Hot food this is one of CM Best European restaurants.
They have indoor and outdoor seating.

Visited April 2014
Trier, Germany
“... tasty Mediterranean cuisine, good food, lovely place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I love to be eating out, living outside of Chiang Mai, and when we are in the city, we love so much to have evening meal here at Lapin, making a reservation shortly before. The menu looks so inviting that I would love to try all of their dishes the very same evening... Again I can only say: excellent dishes, lovely atmosphere, kind and attentive staff and reasonable prices. Last Thursday I had Lapin's delicious Smoked Salmon Carpaccio again and a wonderful salad with four big big and tasty prawns and Panna Cotta as dessert, I love Lapin's Panna Cotta, and a medium size carafe of their red table wine, a dry wine from Chile I guess, which is very flavourful and is served at the right temperature of course.

Situated next to Nawarat Bridge on the left bank of Ping river, Lapin is not distant from the city centre. There is car parks nearby. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, and I recommend Lapin gladly. Thank you, dear Lapin!!! Of course we will come back ever and ever.

After the dinner I can only recommend to have a late evening tea or some sake at Kalapela Tea Room in Ratchadamnoen Road.

• Visited March 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“nothing to fault here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Had one dinner here, stated with a salad of fried aubergine slices and mushrooms drizzled with olive oil and shaves of Parmesan cheese which was very pleasant and followed by grilled sea bass, fried potatoes and a salad. The fish was very fresh and flavorsome and I haven't eaten better. My dining companion had mushroom soup which was excellent followed by pork fillet in a mushroom sauce which looked a little too pink to me. Had two small carafes of house wine at 300 baht for 25cls. and the total bill with tip was 1500 baht without deserts which was OK but not cheap. No bread and butter served with the first course and no serviettes. Certainly worth a repeat visit.

• Visited March 2014