“Felt like home”
Review of Rich Lanna House

Rich Lanna House
Ranked #47 of 776 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I like to start with the things to improve first.
There is a young woman that works there (with a Hello Kitty watch) that is not at all helpful. True many of the people who work there and sometimes they are not overly helpful but this young woman with the watch I feel needs to be spoken to. I had difficulty with my ATM card, she just said sorry and offered no help. Their computer was not working and she said I should go to an internet café but didn’t even know where one was. I asked for a place close by to eat when I first arrived and she just told me walk and I would find something. I wasn’t looking for “something” I was looking for a recommendation. I asked for a car to take me somewhere so this same person negotiated a rate and then the driver was later inappropriate. I shared this with her and I got the same response “I’m sorry” which I feel she was but I question if she advised the owner of this so to address it with the tour taxis. I only seen the owner once, when I was leaving ( I stayed for 6 days) I think she needs to be more involved or present.
Location;
This was great. There was a morning market across the street less than 5 minute walk (this had food, clothes etc…) and a night market with cheap and delicious eats. I had a great meal for 30 Baht.
From here I walked to the Post Office, a jazz club North Gate (which was fantastic), a few temples, mobile shop, and good restaurants. There is a massage place to the right (first street turn right and it’s on the left) that was really good.
Breakfast:
Average, same things each day which was a bit tiresome
Room:
Excellent. Clean, spacious, bed was comfortable, just as you see in the pictures. You get slippers and robes which I always appreciate. The linens were clean and crisp and new. I was on the first floor which I liked as it right across from the pool.
The hotel smelled so good, welcoming and calming. Although it’s on a main street I didn’t really hear noise.
Pool: it was a bit cool but I enjoyed it. Loungers by the pool were comfortable and sunny or shady spots could be found. I was able to swim whenever I wanted which I appreciated.
They gave a small gift upon leaving which I loved. I would stay here again, I think it was a good value, location, safe, I felt like it was my little apartment and very well maintained.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank livinginshanti
There are newer reviews for Rich Lanna House

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel from 29/12/13 through 1/1/2014. We have travelled widely but this hotel is one of the best we have encountered. The overall ambience of the hotel is fabulous. We also loved our room, which was spacious and nicely furnished. The breakfast is great and the breakfast room lovely. The hotel is well located within the old part of the city. The staff were also a highlight. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

Room Tip: I believe that we had a deluxe room
1  Thank sjmckenzie4
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Very cute guesthouse, decorated in traditional thai style.

Rooms were spacious, beds comfortable, good water pressure in the shower. There is wifi in the lobby and the rooms. Thing to keep in mind there are 4 floors and no elevator.

Breakfast was nice as well - fresh juice, a few European items, a few Asian items, cereal, some pastry.

Cute pool area, but way to cold to try it out.

Walk to the night market, shopping dining is about 15-20 minutes, there are couple of restaurants right outside, as well as food carts close by.
Guesthouse itself has a great little coffee shop.

We could not find any massage places close by, but discovered a great yoga studio within a 10 minutes walk.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The husband and I stayed here for 2 nights.

Pros:
1) Rich Lanna House is very well located - Inside the moated city centre and within walking/bicycling distance of Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang.
2) Staff is very helpful. They let you borrow their bicycles. They even arranged a 2 wheeler for us for 250 bhat a day.
3) Rooms are comfy

Cons:
1) They have no arrangement for mosquitos. Carry your own repellent patches and cream please.
2) Walls are a tad thin. Do not take the room right below the breakfast parlor.
3) Breakfast is average at best.

All in all it was a great stay and I will have no compunctions in staying here again should I visit Chiang Mai again.

Room Tip: Don't get the room below the breakfast parlor if you are looking to sleep in post 7 AM.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Just like the descriptions - super boutique hotel on the edge of the old-town area. The friendly staff at reception worked efficiently and even carried our luggage up the stairs like it weighed nothing. Our room on the first floor was well appointed with a really good bed.The pool looked inviting but the weather was really too cold to allow us to try it out. Breakfast with fresh orange jiuce and good coffee was a mixed Western and Asian experience. The breakfast was served in a fine little room, which was however just a trifle cool in the early mornings; the waitress was wearing an anorak.

All in all we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed here for three nights. Our room was spacious and lovely, with hardwood floors and beautiful wooden cabinets. Very comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast is small but quite good, and the location on the edge of the old city is very convenient. They don't speak too much English in the hotel, but were very helpful and kind nonetheless. They have a pool, which is beautiful, but small. This hotel is a beautiful oasis inside of a sometimes slightly chaotic city.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel offers a very clean and well equipped environment at a handsome location close to the city. The hotel interior is new and of very high quality in the old northern thai lanna style (wooden furniture with ornaments etc.). Being there you feel like in a living room.
Like traditionally lanna style the rooms are very small and not very high. However very clean well equipped. Good breakfast. Absolutely recommended.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple