“AMAZING day!!!”

Best Trip Cooking School
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I couldn't be happier with this cooking class. Neung and her assistant Joy are absolutely wonderful and make the whole cooking experience so much fun! Neung was so flexible and tailored the class to our schedule. She picked me and my 3 friends up from our hotel in Chiang mai and we drove out to her home, stopping at a local market and grocery store along the way. Each of us got to choose five different meals to make, curry from scratch, spring rolls, pad Thai....so much to choose from! The day.was so informative and relaxing. We even took a little nap on her hammocks. After a full day of cooking and little tour of her gardens she drove us back to our hotel (full bellies and pad Thai to go!) Bottom line, you should take this class!

1  Thank jlsanf09

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We really enjoyed the day with Hnung (the owner and teacher) and Joy (Hnung's help). The cooking class itself was really enjoyable, it was only two of us! The food was delicious and the premises are great! You are cooking outside, in Hnung's garden, surrounded by mango & coconut trees and mulberry bushes. We enjoyed the most, when Hnung shared with us a bit of her life, explained us how her family lives and how everything in Thailand works. We had a fantastic day and I can only recommend this class. It's much more than cooking.

1  Thank Kat S
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Thai food has always been the main reason that I kept coming back to Thailand. So I chose to attend a cooking school this time. It was a relaxing and joyful experience. The teacher's name is Nueng (as the number one in Thai), she was a very humorous and caring Thai lady. Her assistant is very nice as well. The instructions were clear and accurate, and the utensils are very professional. The douse took place in a garden setting, there were trees and birds and many other aesthetic things. She also gave each student a cooking book at the end, so you don't have to worry that you can't remember everything.

1  Thank Linghan Z
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Yummy and relaxing day of cooking, eating, and napping! We visited the market first and it was wonderful to see things that I would have overlooked on my own such as how coconut milk gets freshly extracted. The cooking school is in a beautiful backyard outside of the city... there are chickens running around the grounds and it is very peaceful. After the first 3 dishes there is an hour to nap in a hammock. Neung is a wonderful teacher! I made and ate the best massaman curry of my life under her instruction--- now the real test will be trying to recreate it!

1  Thank Nika480
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went to best trip cooking school last week. The course was so great and included everything that we wanted. We went to a market and had an explanation of all the foods we were using to cook with that day and a breakdown of how to make homemade coconut milk. We made 6 dishes and got to eat them all after (best part). There was so much we even got to take some home! If you are a bidet traveller or even one without a budget looking for a great explanation of Thai cooking and the ingredients used, best trip is the way to go!

1  Thank Haydie W