Holiday Inn Chiang Mai
$340
$132
$55
Priceline
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
$96
$76
Priceline
BED Phrasingh(Chiang Mai)
$59
$54
1,780 results
All reviewstuk tukihg membernight marketriver viewlobby barexecutive floorping riverfree shuttleconcierge staffan upgradebreakfast buffetbit datedcorner roomhigher floorlarge roomwelcome drinkold town
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Our group held a conference at the hotel. The set-up, check-in, rooms, and food were very good. I've been to other Chiang Mai hotels and this was superior. Room size, being an older hotel was large. Breakfast buffet more than adequate. The elevator needed some attention. On a couple of occasions, it had a mind of its own. I'd come back to this place

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Asiadream
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Old style rooms from a long time ago. Very big rooms however it needs some major renovation. I suggest you stay in the old city square or as close as possible to it on the East side because that is where all the markets, restaurants, and bars are located.

The service is EXCELLENT! very well informed and helpful staff who speak fluent English, the concierge in particular provide 5 star service.

Taxis are around 120 Bhat to go anywhere even 2 minutes ride.

Rent scooters, in Chiang Mai they don't need the original passport for deposit, just you ID.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malik W
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We spent three nights at this reasonably priced hotel. The wifi was free and worked well. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. The Lobby Bar served good food and there was live music.

There is a Tesco Lotus nearby and this was handy for small purchases. The day and night markets were a short ride away. The hotel provided a shuttle to the market.

We were very pleased with our stay at the hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Anil S
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed for three nights as part of organized tour, so I don’t know the costs.
The hotel was very nice with good amenities, but there were some problems with basics: wifi was usually not working, bathroom was nice but could be better maintained, entry card had to be re-programmed twice in 3 days.
We would prefer a location in the walking distance to town/restaurants, but we did manage with tuk-tuk for 80 / 100 BHT just fine.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lenci01
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We (+2 children) visit my parent, family of 7 stay in H.I Chiang Mai from Oct. 19-22nd and although it was a decent stay at a reasonable price especially for three room for a family of 11, it was not in par(in my view with the rest of Holiday Inns in the States). I have not been to a hotel that DOES NOT have trash liner in the trash can? I don't know if they just ran out or what, but I highly doubt since we switch rooms from smoke to non-smoke after our second day and still no trash liner in the new rooms. Other than the liners, our rooms (523-525) and (917-919) were okay, not great, but just okay although I expect more out of Holiday Inn regardless of location world wide. Rooms we stay at were not on the renovation floor so I don't know how nice the remodel rooms are, although we have a good view of the pool and river. The bed is okay, but pillows got to go, they were so hard on our necks so we decided to use the blanket after the second night. IF you are staying there for longer than 3-4 days and need to do your laundry, go to the hotel right next to and do it yourself. We drop off three loads (not big, but small) and the bill were OVER 3,200 baht or $100 USD (the most expensive laundry I have ever use) in fact it's more expensive than 3 or 4 time, two hours thai massage. Although every piece of clothing looks brand new afterward, and nicely fold in a clear bag all layout on your bed upon your return. Aside from these, their breakfast buffet and customer service were top notch!

Room Tip: Book ahead and any room on fifth-seven floor are good, good view and not to high from the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family