Lowest prices for your stay
$38
Free cancellation until 10/21/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
$38
Free cancellation until 10/20/21
ZenHotels.com
$37
Hotels.com$38
Priceline$38
eDreams$38
1,978 results
All reviews ihg member night market lobby bar ping river executive room free shuttle breakfast buffet bit dated large room fitness center tuk tuk ride old town chang mai concierge inns sheraton baht
Selected filters
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel was OK. Nothing fancy, nothing grotty and a good base for our self-drive holiday in NW Thailand... which is what we wanted. Good breakfasts on the Terrace. Concierge not much help in getting us a hire car.

Easy Tuk Tuk ride into city centre and temple viewing.

Given we were there during peak we had a pretty good time there. Would shop around for another option if we were to go again.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank African_LandCruiser
HolidayInnChiangmai, E-Marketing Executive at Holiday Inn ChiangMai, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear African_Landcruiser,

Thank you very much for your taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor in regards to your stay at Holiday Inn Chiangmai. We happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast at the terrace.

We, at Holiday Inn Chiangmai, strive to provide the highest standard of service therefore and we are overjoyed to read that we have succeeded and that you will be back in the near future.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We found this hotel very clean and elegant. We had booked this hotel 9 months prior to our holiday and did not consult trip advisor untill 2 days prior to attending and was a little concern of other reviews. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel as it was clean and staff very keen to offer any help required. Yes the decor was a little out dated but this I felt was part of the elegance that the motel portrayed.

Room tip: As I only saw my room I can not offer advice.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Cindy C

Dear Cindy C,

Thank you very much for your taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor in regards to your stay at Holiday Inn Chiangmai. We happy to hear that you are enjoyed your stay with us.

Get the most out of your getaways with our region-wide Holiday Inn STAY CLEVER sale from now until 29 September 2012 where you can enjoy up to 30% off room rates in South East Asia and enjoy free internet access plus daily breakfast for two! You can't get a better deal than this because of our "Best Price Guarantee" policy* or your first night is FREE . Head over to holidayinn.com/stayclever for more details. And oh, did we mention that kids stay and eat free?

*Our "Best Price Guarantee" means you’ll always get the lowest publicly available rate on our website with no booking fees.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was our second stay in this hotel. The buffet breakfast is one of the better we've had in our travels. The rooms are spacious enough and the staff go out of their way to assist you. The only downfall is you are a bit out of town, but the hotel provides a courtesy car to night bazaar and walking streets. There is also a free shuttle to and from Central plaza

1  Thank Clbarr

Dear Clbarr,

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in July 2012, in Executive Suite Ping Riverview. Suite was huge, over 80 sq meters, on 24th floor (out of 25). Upon arrival (1pm) room was ready. As Priority Club Platinum member couldn’t be upgraded, as I already had the best room in hotel, but some additional perks (apart from free cocktail and welcome letter) would be nice... for instance free airport transfer upon departure. Hotel is huge, but it is certainly not modern hotel, it has this feel (and smell) of classical old hotels, especially in the hallways. Service was somehow also lacking consistency (for instance, housekeeping keeps forgetting to place laundry bad in the room each day, there is no vacuuming on daily base...), as we were quite often phoning to the guest services to get this and that. Also, phone was not working for calls to other rooms, and quite surprisingly, we had small ants in our suite (in 24th floor!), and again, phone call was required that somebody came and dealt with the problem. Also breakfast is not on top level, for instance there are no fresh juices, no wholegrain and rye bread (and no fresh bread), service is slow... We also tried out fitness centre, which is ok, and pool, which has rather cold water.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank PremiumFlyer74
HolidayInnChiangmai, E-Marketing Executive at Holiday Inn ChiangMai, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Mirror 74,

We will bring your issue to our management meeting for further improvement. We appreciate your time in sharing your concerns, and we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Booked in for 4 nights and was told it was the old Sheraton Hotel , It was like they wanted you to like the place before you went to your room. The rooms were big but old , as I think the Sheraton sold it to Holiday inn because it needed an upgrade.After the first night I went to go on to the internet but was told you had to pay 50 baht for this service , it was free if you had a laptop. I went to the office and spoke to the desk people and they told me the management would not care about my complaint. I know 50 baht is not expensive , but id you are paying for a 4 star hotl this should be free.Next morning I decided I would make a stand... I asked to speak to the manager and shorty he came down to talk to me . I told him I was not happy about there service charge and he did not care .He told me maybe next year they would look into it .Please boycott this hotel as they charge alot for the rooms and pay the workers 250 baht a day. the guests get this free. Would not go back again for this reason

Room tip: Check for free internet before booking.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank kevin b

Dear Kevinjohnbarker,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback at the Holiday Inn Chiangmai. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and in that regard allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are now working with FREE WIFI in all hotel area. Our Free wifi in public area is our first phase to do. Then in the near future all area in Holiday Inn Chiangmai will be FREE WIFI and we hope to welcome you back again.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience may caused.

With kind regards,