If you are looking for a hotel right in the action, Royal Princess certainly fits the bill. Unfortunately, my stomach began to sink when we pulled up--it looks seedy from the outside, and the while it has clearly been renovated sometime in recent years, it doesn't feel much better from the inside.
Our room was fine--the air conditioning worked incredibly well. The bathroom was dated and dingy. It desperately needed a deep clean and a renovation.
The breakfast was good each morning, with Western, Thai, and Chinese options.
The concierge/tour desk was completely unhelpful; they did not speak English well enough to help us with the problem we were having. Luckily, we dealt with it on our own. Also, you need mosquito repellent for the lobby itself.
The one bright spot of this hotel is the pool, which is this sweet hidden quiet oasis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Princess Chiang Mai is a haven of warm personal service and Thai hospitality, and its charming guest rooms and suites feature traditional Thai-inspired decor and design complemented by modern amenities and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Dusit Princess Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Princess Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Royal Princess Hotel Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Royal Princess