We had 4 nights here and it was fine but not outstanding. We had booked a 'superior' room but this turned out to be just another way of saying a standard room. It was v small and had no where to sit. I. Would have asked to change if we had been staying longer. There was also a musty smell in both the room and the corridor. The bathroom was just about ok but there was a rim of black mould under the washbasin.
The staff were universally courteous and the buffet breakfast was the usual mix of Asian and European choices. For me, however, and I accept that this is a very personal question, I had difficulty with its location. It is adjacent to a Starbucks, opposite a McDonalds and within sight of a 24 hour Burger King. The night market is a collection of stalls aimed almost exclusively at tourists as are the myriad of local massage shops.
So in all we had an ok stay but if thinking of booking here look carefully at the room descriptions ( go for deluxe at least) and note the drawbacks as well as positives to location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Princess Chiang Mai is a haven of warm personal service and Thai hospitality, and its charming guest rooms and suites feature traditional Thai-inspired decor and design complemented by modern amenities and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Dusit Princess Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Princess Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Royal Princess Hotel Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Royal Princess