“Took a long time to get there....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dusit Princess Chiang Mai

Dusit Princess Chiang Mai
Ranked #54 of 374 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Took a long time to get there....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Arrived to the hotel after nearly 18 hours on the night train from Bangkok (it was rather slow and 4 hours overtime)....wouldn't of missed it for the world but glad we had a 1st class cabin. Reception staff sorted out a room for us quickly and upgraded us to a Junior Suite because it was our wedding anniversary....lovely room but shame about the view - a wall. Breakfast was included and this was good, starting from 6am for those going on early excursions. We did elephant safari while we were there which was fantastic, baby elephants walking alongside their mums on the trek. Also went the Chiang Mai Zoo which is massive, we only managed to do a 3rd of it before we ran out of steam but for 100 baht it was a bargain and I got to feed the Giraffes, elephants and Emu's.
Street very busy outside the hotel especially in the evening when the night bazaar starts...loads of food stalls in the night bazaar and the banana roti's are delicious. Massive bags of pork scratchings are for sale everywhere, these didn't last very long...yum!
Location wise you can't get better than this hotel and I would stay again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Niti_Racharit, Manager at Dusit Princess Chiang Mai, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thanks for sharing your travel experience we could learn how long would take for extra hours during fesive Thai New Year.

Trust all of us at Royal Princess Chiangmai and other Dusit Properties in Thailand would have a chance to welcome you back to our coulntry again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights, check in process was fast but wrong room type were provided because double bed room not available at 12:30pm, so I waited about 20 minutes. I think this is acceptable and the staffs was so polite and always with smile.

Clean and big room, comfortable bed, stayed at 6th floor facing the night bazaar, not hearing any noise from it. I had quality sleep during my stay.

Tour desk staff was so helpful, even though I didn't sign up any Chiang Mai tour with her but she still provides useful information on how to plan my trip like where to go and how to go by myself, where to eat, and etc. she even wrote in Thai on those places that I wanted to go for me to show to tuk-tuk driver. So I decided to booked a day tour to Chiang Rai and golden triangle the next day, and a dinner with show at Old Chiang Mai Cultural Center for my last day in Chiang Mai, both are value for money.

Honest staffs? Yes! I dropped my phone at the lobby when I went to WC, I didn't even notice it, when I came out and wanted to leave the hotel, the doorman and the 2 lovely front desk staffs smile at me and hand over my phone to me, surprise!!!

Convenience location- in the middle of night bazaar, great staffs, large and comfortable room, everything seem ok, my only complain was the toilet, it become flooded every time after taking bath, they should find a solution.

I'll be back!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Niti_Racharit, Manager at Dusit Princess Chiang Mai, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your time and we have shared this great commnet to all members.

Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in Chaingmai and Thailand soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at Royal Princess for 4 nights in March 2013. We booked with Flight Centre in Auckland, there were 5 people in our group and requested rooms to be close together, got rooms next to each other with a adjoining door in between rooms, which where we kept open to go in & out of each others room. Rooms were clean, tidy and with lots of room, Had breakfast included with our room rates, breakfast selection was great, good cup of coffee, variety of hot, cold, salads, fresh fruit to choose from, yum.

When we arrived, one of the rooms was not yet ready but were told to relax by the pool area, given free WIFI user ID and passwords, the pool boy was cheerful and friendly, every time we went to the pool area he was always helpful with either bringing towels, ordering our drinks etc

Hotel location is great, the Night Bazaar is on the main road in front of hotel and should not be missed, but need to bargain, walking distance to restaurants, McDonald's across the road with many more fast food restaurants and approx 20 min walk to Sunday Night Markets, local Buddhist temples. Has a free tuk tuk every hour to Central Airport Plaza which is a great place to fill in the day.

Its nothing major, but the lift door closes very quickly, so you need to get in quickly and put your finger on the open button to let others into lift.

I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your time and comment.

Point has been taken and will improve the serivce.

Compliment messages have been shared with all mebers.

Once again, many thanks and please visit us again soon.

SIncerely,
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were very pleased with this place - short trip once met at the airport in a lovely air conditioned shuttle (free). Our room was upgraded to a suite which exceeded our expectations. The only minor things lacking were tissues and a bedside clock. Everything else was great. Wonderful position to go backwards and forwards from the huge night markets. Very close to lots of eateries if you don't want local - Star Bucks, McDonalds, Burger KIng and more and more right beside or opposite plus lots of other European style food amongst the local food stores. I would happily go back if I was to return to Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non smoking room if that's a requirement
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Niti_Racharit, Manager at Dusit Princess Chiang Mai, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your comment and we have taken your advice for further improvement.

Look forward to welcoming you back to our Royal Princess Chiangmai and Thailand again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went there on 1 night business trip. The location of the hotel is just great. Everything is within walking distance. 24 hour convenience store is just few doors away. Night market is right in front of the hotel.

The room itself feels nice. Good sound insulation, bedding could be better tho.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your time and comment.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Chiangmai and Thailand again soon.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My niece and I arrived for our first time ever in Chiang Mai. After a most disappointing drop off to another hotel upon arrival that did not suit our needs at all, we found this hotel online, walked immediately over to check it out in person, we were graciously greeted by Natthiya, who welcomed us, showed us a room which was absolutely perfect for us...clean, bright, modern décor with all the amenities one would require in a hotel. One of the hotel staff kindly drove us over to the other hotel so we could pick up our things, we immediately checked into the hotel, and have enjoyed nearly a week now of the most excellent service from every staff member we have come across. We are greeted at the main door always with helpful service from the doormen, there is always someone near the street to guide us safely across or to a van for the many tours we have done. The attention to the needs of their guests sets their standards much higher than most hotels I have been to. I have done extensive travel for business mostly in SE Asia and have stayed in many 5 star plus hotels, and have never received the kindness and genuine interest the staff have here at the Royal Princess have shown me. Not only are the hotel rates very reasonable, the location could not be better. The famed Night Market is just outside the main door, most convenient. There are so many wonderful restaurants close by, as well as convenient stores. Also there is a travel guide at a desk to the right of check-in in the main lobby. The company is called "World Travel Service", the lady who helped us with all our tour bookings and most excellent restaurant recommendations name is Nada Veeraphan. I would like to personally thank the helpful, most professional staff for always being there to meet our every need! The buffet breakfast was lovely as was the dinner service, most reasonable and presentation lovely. I will be recommending this hotel to our many Canadian friends who will be coming to Chiang Mai. I look forward to returning with my husband, and sharing with him what my niece and I have experienced. Again, my sincere thankyou for making our stay in Chiang Mai most memorable.....Debbie Hoogendyk, Vancouver, Canada (our stay from April 2-9th, 2013)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank travelingdebbie493
Thanks for your kind commet.

All staff are well informed, especially Nattita and Nada.

Thanks ever again and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Chiangmai and Thailand soon.

Sincerely.
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My parents and I stayed here for two nights in March 2013. Our room was clean and gorgeous, the smiling staff were extremely helpful and welcoming (big plus for me!) and the location of the hotel was fantastic. It is along the night market where you could do some shopping and get a late night snack easily. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jyim001
Niti_Racharit, Manager at Dusit Princess Chiang Mai, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We all thanks for your comment and lok forward to welcoming your parents and youself with all friends to our Royal Princess Chiangmai and all hotels within Dusit International soon.

Kind regards,