Checking in was a Huge hassle. We had booked a Deluxe room, not a basic room, and specified a double bed and non smoking , and so you would have an expectation of getting a reasonably decent room. And after a long tiring day of travel, having a hassle was last thing that we needed. I suspected a problem when it took them 10 minutes on the computer, and then they said 'Your room has 2 single beds'. They then started a mantra of "room preferences are not guaranteed". Well a large bed in a non-smoking room should not be considered as a special request, but as a basic requirement for a room. They said "We have had a lot of people check in today". How can that be an excuse when we had booked months in advance. After a lot of 'to and fro' they said that there is a room with a King bed, but that it had not been cleaned - this was at 6.15pm.. We looked at the first room offered. It was at the back of the hotel with a brick wall very close to the window and 2 single beds - terrible! They would not show us the other room, but said that we would have to come back in half an hour to check in. When we came back and checked in to that room we found that it did have a large bed, but not a King sized bed as they had stated. It turned out that the hotel had charged the previous occupier for a late checkout (without any consideration for the next people needing to check in). The worst service that I have ever experienced in a hotel in my entire life. The hotel is right in the middle of the night market which is basically a bunch of stalls blocking up the footpaths and selling the same crud that you can get anywhere. Throughout the nights there was the noise of noisy tuktuks. Why anyone would like this location is beyond me. Swimming pool area was run down and neglected. Breakfast was good. If they get the service aspect right, then this could be a 3 to 3.5 star hotel, but never a 4 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Princess Chiang Mai is a haven of warm personal service and Thai hospitality, and its charming guest rooms and suites feature traditional Thai-inspired decor and design complemented by modern amenities and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Dusit Princess Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Princess Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Royal Princess Hotel Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Royal Princess