“Excellent meal”

Funan Garden
Ranked #546 of 2,173 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Barbecue, Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: INN RESTAURANT, AND GUEST ROOM TABLE LOCATED AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE CITY IN THE DIRECTION OF Saraphi (city) ALONG THE RIVER MAE PING. WHERE IS MIXED IN THE COUNTRY AND THE CITY, WITH PASTORAL FRAMEWORK AND COSMOPOLITAN ATMOSPHERE ...
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

A great French meal in downtown Chiang mai. I had the tartiflette, something I hadn't eaten in ages... Was excellent. The vegi pizza my girlfriend had was loaded with vegis and he crust was perfect. A great dinner with a reasonable wine.
The owners are very helpful.
I recommend the place.

There are newer reviews for Funan Garden

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Was a little hot in the restaurant. Pizza was great, pasta was a little under salted but overall good food. I'd recommend it. Very friendly staff. House red was also good. Get the mixed bruschetta platter to start!!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This place is underrated and should be way more out there! But in a way I would rather it be my littel secret. The food is amazing! The boss is a boss and really knows his food! And he takes your order and makes it proper to cater your likes and needs! The atmosphere is outstanding not to mention the boss physically decorated and built it by hand (fish tank, turtle tank, vines and garden wall) Just to top it off, they play the best lounge music in town! This place is amazingly tasty and soothing. As soon as I came here I had a good feeling about it. I miss it. The lamb shoulder is great! Romantic place to take a loved one! Go there!

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

What a gem. Beautiful, intimate, classy. The owner is a charming, courteous man. The food is of such a high caliber of quality.... And so worth the price which is totally reasonable. My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our visit and will be going back for sure!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

On the one hand I'm a little reluctant to write this review because as it stands this place has a nice intimacy and is mainly frequented by local French people and I'd like it to stay that way. The owners have worked hard to establish a very high level of food and service however and so I wish to recommend this place that I have been enjoying for the last 3 years.

The owner was a chef in France for something like 20 years and it shows. The cordon bleu is one of his most popular dishes and he has a new range of gourmet pizzas which while I was initially dubious about I now love. Pizzas like the cordon bleu or tartiflette pizza are excellent. He also specializes in crepes if you're not already stuffed from dessert.

All up this is the only French restaurant that I enjoy consistently in Chiang Mai.

I don't think I've given full marks for a restaurant before but for Funan I do.