“Great Tour”

Araiwah Chiang Mai Bicycle City Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The cycling city program is designed by very happy/go, jolly native people of Chiang Mai, who will lead you to a wonderful and fantastic encounter around the city, which could be viewed in many different ways. Your choice is our service. Be rest assured that your one day holiday on a bicycle, in the city of Chiang Mai will be a memorable one. Our daily plan is flexible to changes to suit your personal preferences.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Nooh is a very funny and easy-going person. He is also extremely helpful, having rearranged dates so my family could be on a tour of our own due to my brother's young age. Nooh is very knowledgeable on Chiang Mai's history and culture, and is able to converse smoothly is English. He also holds a tourist guide license and has worked for five years at a mountain icing company also in Chiang Mai.

Bikes are in good condition. All have bells while some have gear. Helmets are also in good condition and have rarely been used.

There are stops along the tour so it isn't too exhausting. If you are not confident about cycling in busy roads, you can ask Nooh to cycle along less busy roads (which we did). A large part of the tour goes along busy roads, but Nooh goes slow and safe. Also, as cyclists have a priority in Chiang Mai, drivers generally let you pass and some will even honk to alert others to your presence. As long as you cycle not the left side so cars can pass, safety shouldn't be a problem. Parking along roads is common and legal in Chiang Mai, so when cycling in narrow roads with parked cars and traffic, be extra careful. Some roads area bit bumpy but should cause no more than mild discomfort. Cycling with heavy traffic so close can be a bit intimidating at first, but soon you will get used to it. For the same reason, I do not recommend beginners or young inexperienced children to join the tour.

Along the tour, Nooh treats you to some of Chiang Mai's traditional snacks and food. He also takes you to temples, the wet market, etc. My family and I requested a few spots and Nooh readily agreed. I think you can do the same if you are on a tour of your own party.

Do remember to bring sunglasses as the sun can be a problem.

Fee is reasonable at 1100 bhat per person.

1  Thank Eden C

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Very knowledgable and friendly guide! Showed me parts of Chiang Mai I would not have found on my own, and biking was a great way to see the city. I ended up being the only person on the tour, but Nooh is a great conversationalist and kept the tour fun. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

After some searching on Internet (and tripadvisor naturally) we found this outfit. The website is a bit different from all the competitors aad so is the cycling tour. It does not visit all the expected highlights, but brings you to neighbourhoods of Chiang Mai you would not easily find or visit on your own. Bikes are excellent by Thai standards and OK by our, admittently high, Dutch standards.
Owner and guide Nooh is from Bangkok but escaped to Chiang Mai some twenty years ago. He has a keen eye for the local community and it's needs. He supports local business by taking his trade there. Nooh takes care of your safety, while telling all kinds of interesting stories and the occasional joke. You get fed and watered all day long. It's all included in the tour making this tour even better value than the very reasonable price allready suggests. Hotel pickp and droppoff are included. If you go cycle Chiang Mai, do it with Nooh!

1  Thank Hansje
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I am always amazed at people who sign up for something knowing exactly what it involves only to moan about it afterwards! Yes, the tour involves cycling so being able to cycle is obviously an essential skill, and yes you are in a city so some urban traffic is to be expected no matter how much you try to stay off the beaten track, and yes the world is not flat there are hills out there but in this case only one very small one of a few 100m in the whole day!! So c'mon people are these really negative points!??

We had a fantastic day in the company of Nooh with our children aged 11 and 13 who initially weren't fans of the idea of cycling round Chiang Mai but absolutely loved the whole experience. Nooh directed us efficiently and safely around the main streets and took us to places off the tourist routes to see the real Chiang Mai. There are no big sights to see so don't sign up if that's what you are after - it's just interesting to cycle around the back streets and different neighbourhoods visiting the temples, markets and of course numerous food stops. The kids loved the waterfall at the end of the day and the cycle round the peaceful university was a nice respite from the city. It is a really chilled out tour and Nooh is fulll of fun and lots of stories, if you can cycle you should do it!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful day with Nooh. We did several guided tours during our stay in Thailand and Nooh was our favorite guide by far! I hadn't been on a bicycle in years, but it was fine because 95% of the trip is flat, you stop to eat at least every hour (YUM), and Nooh does a fabulous job of looking out for you in traffic and guiding you through the turns. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who is generally fit enough to get off the couch and walk around (or cycle!) a bit. Our favorite part was the food - Nooh took us to hole-in-the-wall, family-owned places that we never would've known existed, much less what to order from them. The only thing I wish had been recommended was to bring a bathing suit - I was so hot by the time we got to a waterfall that I just sat in the water, clothes and all! Cycling back in wet clothes wasn't a big deal but a bathing suit would've been preferable. Thanks so much for the memorable day, Nooh!