“See the real Chiang Mai...”

Araiwah Chiang Mai Bicycle City Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The cycling city program is designed by very happy/go, jolly native people of Chiang Mai, who will lead you to a wonderful and fantastic encounter around the city, which could be viewed in many different ways. Your choice is our service. Be rest assured that your one day holiday on a bicycle, in the city of Chiang Mai will be a memorable one. Our daily plan is flexible to changes to suit your personal preferences.
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“See the real Chiang Mai...”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were apprehensive about doing a 30 k bike ride in 30+ heat but wanted to see the real Chiang Mai and we weren't disappointed by Nooh or the tour content. We saw local markets ate in local places that we would never have found on our own and even if we had found them would never of stopped! But everything was brilliant. We got one of the best photos of our holiday on the iron bridge! Nooh didn't rush us, we took everything at our pace. One of the best days of our Thailand family adventure. Thank you.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Okinawa, Japan
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Great way to see Chiang Mai”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The owner, Nooh, was amazing. The ride was well planned. We walked through a market while Nooh showed us local produce. We sampled amazing street food. Nooh took us to a delicious vegetarian restaurant as well as to a small street side sausage and noodle vendor. He will gladly cater to your needs, just speak up! We saw a few temples and watched local artisans create the metal work for the temples. We were never hassled to buy anything on the tour. The cost of water and food was all included in the tour price. The ride began to feel very long after lunch. We toured college campuses, the least interesting part of the tour. After hour six and lots of eating, Nooh announced that the hardest part of the tour was about to take place. We biked up a hill to a waterfall. The temperature was 100 F that day and there was a LONG ride back after the waterfall. I would have preferred the tour end after lunch. If he offers a 1/2 day tour, I'd recommend it. Great time and memories, just could have done without the 2nd half of the tour. Nooh made us all feel safe in traffic. No helmets were provided. The trip was about 18 km and included some walking and hiking as well. The bikes had baskets. Bring lots of sunscreen!

Visited May 2014
Seoul, South Korea
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Fantastic Family Day But.....”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had a wonderful and memorable day as a family. Our group included 2 parents, 2 grandparents and 1 child. We (parents and child - 7yrs old) are experienced riders and have taken bike tours around South Asia. The grandparents are not experienced riders and required a lot more attention. Noon did a fantastic job helping grandmom and giving her confidence. There were a lot of stops and plenty of food so the ride was not arduous, BUT it is still a ride in the city and the city has traffic which can be unpredictable. If you want to take this tour as a family with a wide mix of ages (especially children), I recommend practicing before your trip. Make sure your children understand traffic rules and hand singles and practice crossing the road on bikes as a family especially merging with traffic. Again, this tour was wonderful, very low key and Noon was fantastic, but be thoughtful about the level of each rider and be prepared. Finally - my one criticism is that helmets were not standard as part of the equipment for the tour. I had to demand a helmet for my son. I highly recommend, Araiwah acquire helmets for the riders and require all children to wear them.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank pdoebel
Adelaide, Australia
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 212 helpful votes
“Exciting Tour - But Practice Your Bike Riding First!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Most people know the saying 'its like riding a bike'. Well as someone who did this tour after not being on a bike (unless you count spin classes) for over 10 years I can confirm that you do remember how to ride a bike, but gosh it would be nice not to be so rusty! I had a fair bit of trouble starting and stopping before I realised my seat was about 2 inches too high. Nooh adjusted it and from there I was fine! We were in a group of eight and I was easily the worst cyclist - my apologies to my tour mates!

Pick up was seamless and an email confirmation the day before was appreciated. Nooh, the owner and guide is a very interesting person and well worth meeting even without this fun tour.

My favourite things of the day were the wet market in the morning and the ride through Chiang Mai university. Coffee Man at the University (where you stop in the afternoon) serves possibly the best coffee I had in Chiang Mai. I had a lot of coffee in Chiang Mai... The lunch in the University cafeteria was delicious and a great opportunity to try a few dishes.

The drivers in Chiang Mai are amazingly considerate and although I felt unsafe a few times, that was more due to my own bad riding! The ride does take you through some pretty scary traffic which I did not enjoy, but that said there is also some really lovely riding through the university.

There is one steep hill up to the waterfall - I started cycling it but then decided to walk. Other fitter members of our group rode.

While not an overly long day, we did book in for a massage afterwards and I was very glad we did. I'd do this trip again - Nooh is a wonderful ambassador for Chiang Mai and his English is impeccable. However, I do urge those who have not ridden for a while to have a quick practice before braving the Chiang Mai traffic.

Finally, the price is exceptional value for money and frankly I think Nooh is short selling himself a little. Nooh - people will pay more for this fabulous trip - put your price up and you'll be farming in no time!

My tip to the ladies (and maybe the men) - some of the bathrooms were less hygienic than I would have hoped! I carried wet wipes, tissues and hand sanitiser with me. This was especially the case at the silver temple which was less than sparkling when it came to the porcelain throne...

Visited February 2014
2 Thank PugHugger
Washington DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AraiWah: Chiang Mai Made Fun”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Owner Noot is super relaxed as he shows you the city. From his bear claw shoes he emanates good vibes. The best thing I did in the city. Noot took me to a few sites and then he showed me a bunch of things off the normal tour. Art galleries, graffiti. Super cool. We finished at a vegetarian restaurant well after the normal tour ends. Ask to go there. Yum. Thanks Noot!