“The best way to spend a day in Chiang Mai!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Araiwah Chiang Mai Bicycle City Tour

Araiwah Chiang Mai Bicycle City Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The cycling city program is designed by very happy/go, jolly native people of Chiang Mai, who will lead you to a wonderful and fantastic encounter around the city, which could be viewed in many different ways. Your choice is our service. Be rest assured that your one day holiday on a bicycle, in the city of Chiang Mai will be a memorable one. Our daily plan is flexible to changes to suit your personal preferences.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best way to spend a day in Chiang Mai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am so glad I chose Araiwah for my bicycle tour! Nooh and Big Boy are fantastic guides who obviously love their city. I enjoyed visiting areas of Chiang Mai that are away from the big tourist attractions, especially the local wholesale market where we got to try some amazing street food. It's an all-day tour, something great to do at the beginning of your trip to help you get to know the city and find the little hidden gems that you might not otherwise find while still being able to see the more popular attractions. The trip includes everything you need: snacks (don't eat a big breakfast before you go!), water, a lovely coffee break, and all kinds of information. Nooh is a fearless and joyful leader, while Big Boy rides at the back and makes sure everyone feels perfectly safe even when crossing highways. I loved absolutely every minute of this trip and would recommend it to anyone!

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Phuket, Thailand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An amazing day exploring Chiang Mai!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

An amazing day exploring Chiang Mai!!
What an amazing day exploring Chiang Mai on bicycle with two of the best guides! After a few quick emails to Bigboy, I had my tour booked (only a day head) and really lucked out… I was the only one on the tour for the day. Big Boy and Nooh were exceptional guides pointing out informative facts, taking pictures and answering my questions as we meandered through quaint soi’s. I felt completely safe and both Big Boy and Nooh managed traffic when we crossed any busy roads. The ride was unexpectedly relaxing for an entire day biking, and one of the best days I've had in Chiang Mai. We stopped several times for coffee, market snacks, lunch at the university and ice cream. The food and drinks were delicious! I can’t thank Bigboy and Nooh enough for an incredible day! I would highly recommend spending a day cycling with Araiwah, and if you can try and do it when you first arrive in Chiang Mai. It’s a great way to see the real city and get a perspective on distance and where things are.

Visited March 2013
New York City
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great day on bikes with Noh and Big Boy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

What a pair! and what an adventure on bikes in and around Chiang Mai. First we got picked up by the partners of Araiwah; which means :"What the Heck" on motorbikes to get our bikes at their shop. Then it was off first to the chaotic and picturesque local food market. Then off and through the neigborhoods, temples, national park's waterfall and even the local university where we had lunch in the student cafeteria (delicious) They even detoured to help me buy an Ipad case at the local mall. They were cheerful, attentive, great storytellers and always, always concerned about our safety in the crazy streets of the city. If you have the energy and interests, it felt like touring the city with new found friends

Visited February 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“What a fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I cannot recommend Araiwah highly enough! This is a great way to explore the "real" Chiang Mai, and a sound time investment, even if you are only in this beautiful city for a very short time. BigBoy and Noor were incredible guides, who provided thoughtful and insightful commentary throughout our day together. A lot of thought was put into the route we cycled, and most of our day was spent on gorgeous flat roads with only sporadic traffic. I found BigBoy very responsive and professional when I was booking this via Facebook. Bigboy's beautiful photos (subject notwithstanding) were a lovely touch too. Overall, I consider this company a real standout and I would encourage you to give them a call if you are interested in seeing beyond the old city walls and hearing a local perspective of life in Northern Thailand.

Visited February 2013
Ilkley, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great family day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We booked this tour a couple of months ago and found communication with Big Boy very easy and quick using email. The bike ride is a 20km tour around Chiang Mai with just one short incline to the waterfalls (our son, aged 9, managed this with just a little walking). Most of the time you are on quiet back roads but at all times we felt safe with traffic being stopped by Big Boy at the busier junctions.
The boys showed us sights in Chiang Mai we would otherwise of missed and provided us with a great lunch and refreshments along the way. They were also really good with our son who very much enjoyed the day.