“The most home atmosphere restaurant in Chiang Mai”
Review of Vigie Sist Cafe

Vigie Sist Cafe
Ranked #7 of 108 Dessert in Chiang Mai
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: "For your health, we care" is our motto. "Bake'n Brew Harmony" is our goal. We use only the highest grade coffee and the freshest ingredients to bake all of our breads and desserts each morning to ensure you have the tastiest, healthiest options available. Come join us at our family-owned bakery and enjoy anything from cups of Doi Chaang Coffee, home baked breads, fresh desserts, delicious sandwiches, wine and beer, to live piano and good conversation. We welcome everyone to come and experience our low key, friendly establishment. We always look forward to meeting new people and sharing stories. We are located on Ratchapakinai Rd and Soi 6 inside the old city.*our piano is here for our guests to stretch their fingers and express their creativity. We have no in-house pianist except on special occasions but we've found our guests make it a special occasion whenever they grace us with their talent.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Boss of this restaurant-older woman is the most nice person in Thailand:) she is very hospitable, speaks english very well, cooks great, make tasty tea. It is Perfect restaurant!!! Good for breakfast, linch, dinner. You can taste deliciouse really french croissant. She will take you photos by your camera. Dishes are huge, delicious and cheap. One of the best place in Chiang Mai.

1  Thank pikim t

Reviewed April 4, 2014

One of the most beautiful cafes in Chiang Mai I have visited. The delicate decoration of artistic crochets and wooden furniture has brought me to a brief visit of Old Europe last century. Spent some days in this tranquil corner for an artistic coffee, immersing myself in the charisma of reminiscence.

The decoration together with the coffee are the reasons I visit again and again. It's a cafe that make me lost in time and space. I feel like I am enjoying a vacation in a small town in Europe. Particularly delightful to read under sprinkles of sunlight between the shades of the vines.

The cakes are quite nice, among which I enjoy banana muffin the most. It's rich in flavour and texture. Carrot cake is quite good. Particularly enjoyable with their nice artistic coffee.

A little bit saddened by occasional permeation of exhaust gas from the cars. Vigie Sist is located beside a quite busy road so this is unavoidable. Still it can be compensated by the nice live music of those customers who would like to play the piano.

It's such a pleasure

1  Thank LmythL
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This place is even cuter on the inside than the outside. They spray light mist from the ceiling to help cool you down, too! I ordered a croissant and hot matcha tea, and was very pleased. I was wondering where my croissant was, and then when she brought it out I didn't mind that it took a while; she took the time to heat it up properly and it was perfectly hot and fluffy on the inside. Put me in a great mood for the rest of the day!

2  Thank Grace G
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Quaint little café to sit on corner street and watch the sights from. Service is friendly and the coffee is excellent along with the dessert treats, such as chocolate cheese cake or if you are a fan of carrot cake . But the must try are the Fresh baked banana muffins ! In my opinion they really are signature.

You will often see a customer playing the in house piano or give it a try yourself.

Food menu isn't large but what they serve is good at a fair price. It really is a nice place to stop and have a special coffee and if you like to be decadent with some sweets.

2  Thank jocosa
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were looking for a piano to play all over town that we didn't have to pay for. We were recommended this place and after we finally found it (confusing on the map) we had a great time. Just call the owner at 08 1671 2113 and she will kindly sort you out with directions.
I suppose she was a professor at a university before? The business card says Asst Prof. Yupalapat Supalertpurint. She's a sweet heart and took great care of us there.
The drinks are good, food is good and location is great. Atmosphere is nice too. This is a nicer European cafe-style place that is about the piano and the location so don't be one of these hard to please people who complains about the price or food because you have to see what this place is all about.
You'll likely see a great pianist coming in to play their music, we had one jazz pianist from France try to get the piano right after us, so come early and be patient for the piano if you play. Also she loved us because the music is classical which fits the ambiance of the cafe.
It's a great place and one of the charming elements of Chiang Mai which makes me love that city more than any other in Thailand.

1  Thank Douglas J