“THANK YOU! to Mr.Apichit Duangdee (Kid)”

Mundo Thailand Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the magnificent Lanna Kingdom of Thailand. Mundo Thailand Tours specialize in private tour. We would like to present you wonderful trips in the north and around Thailand with our professional staff who have great knowledge and experience in tourism for years. You will learn more about impressive traditions, customs ,festivals, beliefs, art, architecture and life style of local people in different ways. Travel to somewhere with someone who has experience will make your visit wonderful. Let us fulfill your need and make your travel memorable.
Crevalcore, Italy
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“THANK YOU! to Mr.Apichit Duangdee (Kid)”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Hi!

I'd like to say a big and public "THANK YOU!" to Mr.Apichit Duangdee (Kid), Manager of Mundo Thailand Tours, for his professional assistance during my recent trip to Chiang Mai.

As matter of facts, it was a coming back home, since in the past I had met him several times, first in Bangkok and then later in the North of Thailand, always impressed by his kindness.

As a "returning guest" I came to appreciate very much his mastery of the English Language and the flexibility of his schedule which was able to accomodate my needs. He made me feel welcome and almost a member of his family.

Kind regards

Mr. Alessandro Davitti, Bologna. ITALY

1 Thank alessandro1981

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mundo Thailand outstanding tour”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I had a great day tour near Changmai - the highlights were an elephant ride, a hike along a beautiful waterfall and a visit to a coffee plantation. Our guide, Kid, was excellent. He knew so much about the history and culture of the local ethnic groups, and spoke such perfect English that he was extremely easy to have a conversation with and shared a lot of information with us that made the experience more meaningful. We felt comfortable asking about anything and there was never an awkward moment...it seemed as though we got from activity to activity so quickly. Because we had time at the end of the day, he even took us to a local market, and explained what all of the unfamiliar foods were. My husband got some fantastic photos...because we were with Kid, the vendors were content to have us witness and record this daily ritual. Our tour was exactly as advertised--and more!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Rhonda F
Ottawa, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Mundo Thailand Goes Well Beyond Expectations”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife and I spent a very full and adventurous day with Kid of Mundo Tours. Kid picked us up at 6:30 AM sharp at the front door of our B&B in Chiang Mai and toured us for 13 hours to the Chiang Rai and Golden Triangle regions.

We got such an early start as we were offering alms (in the form of gifts of food) to Buddhist monks near a temple on the outskirts of Chiang Mai. This was a particularly meaningful experience as Kid was himself once a noviciate and monk. Kid was able to explain the significance of the food offering, why we needed to remove our shoes when making the offering (so we do not stand higher than the monks), what the prayer ritual meant and how monks depend on the support of the community to feed them.

Along the way we stopped at the hot springs (this is just a pleasant rest stop) and Kid personally treated us to coffee. We then visited the White Temple (Wat Rong Khun), an intriguing mix of ancient and modern motifs portrayed in the architecture and art of Chalermchai Kositpipat. Picture Disney and Gaudi paying homage to Buddha if you can. We then went for lunch in the Golden Triangle at the impressive Imperial Hotel which featured a tasty buffet on the outdoor deck with a panoramic view of the historic Mekong River junction of Myanmar, Thailand and Laos.

After lunch we visited the Opium Museum and learned about the rich folkloric and more learned history and process of opium production in the region (now defunct) and viewed the extensive collection of tools of the trade from scales, to pipes and bongs, to headrests and explanations of the uses, benefits and negative aspects of opium.

We then took a private high speed long-boat trip (remember the first Rambo movie?) on the Mekong into the Golden Triangle special economic zone and viewed the site of a Thai-owned casino in Myanmar, and the Chinese-owned casinos in Laos. We landed in Laos to shop at the Donsao Hill Tribe Cultural Garden Market. It features handicrafts from local villagers and “name brand” clothing at great discounts. Oddities include the whisky made with a king cobra in the container. Kid asked if we wanted to see the bear that was kept in the rear of the market (a cub, now adult, that was rescued after its mother was killed by hunters). The bear, which turned out to be a Malayan sun bear, was shy at first but came out of its den to wander around and greet us – and happily it seemed both well fed and content. We were informed it was being kept in captivity to ensure it too was not killed by hunters (presumably for trade in its vital organs in the Asian markets).

We then headed back to Chiang Mai, but not before Kid suggested we make an unscheduled stop to visit a local temple that is being restored (an application has been made to make this a UNESCO world heritage site). Sorry, the name of the temple escapes me now – it was a long day.

I would like to add that Kid is one of the most professional guides we’ve met over the last 30 years of travel around the world. His knowledge of history, culture and geography are excellent. Given our long driving distances, it was most fascinating to speak with Kid about his Buddhist experiences, current events in Thailand and his own life as an entrepreneur in Chiang Mai. He was also most attentive to our own stories about Canada’s history, culture, politics and religions.
Finally, Kid’s attention to detail (example: his Toyota SUV is immaculate and he always found us clean bathrooms, a detail not missed by my wife), generous heart at every turn, and his excellent driving skills made us confident and comfortable in his care. I could go on about how his gentle demeanor with all the other service staff we met and who helped us – to me a sure sign of excellence. Suffice to say you will not be disappointed with Mundo Thailand Tours.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Ottawa_Based
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“False advertising-Chiang Rai tour does NOT really include Long Neck and Akha tribe”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We booked this tour because it included the Long Neck and Akha tribe. After they picked us up at our hotel they informed us that the Long Neck Village would be an additional cost. They said we had misread their website, as this was listed as optional. This is what their website still says today:

Highlight:
Visit Hot Spring, White Temple (Wat Rong Khun), Black House,Golden Triangle, Long Neck and Akha tribe

*Optional: take speed long tail boat to visit Mae Khong river and make stop in Laos to buy some souvenirs and copy items from China,Vietnam and Laos.

4 Thank soonergirl1991
Apichit D, Owner at Mundo Thailand Day Tours, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Soonergirl1991

I appreciated to have your feedback above our service.
I would like to explain you and clarify your complaint about my detail on website.
1.This service is for Car Rental inclusive of gas and English speaking guide. And you agreed to take one day Chiang Rai Tour with us at 2,500 Bath / person. There is another price for full board at 3,900 Bath/person which includes everything except boat trip,but you did not take it.
And you posted on TripAdvisor that it's false advertising! I denied your post.
I still confirm you that you misread my itinerary!
In the itinerary says:
Tour Price 3,900 B./person (Full board,)
2,500 B./person (Car rental with guide only,not included entrance fees)
The itinerary is in English! and it still shows on website. It's very clear that if you take price 2,500, it does not include anything.

2. Before we started the tour,we have informed you clearly about the tour. Actually this price is very reasonable comparing to the service.

3.Our guide (Mr.Goal) asked you before and after lunch to visit the Long Neck village. And you said you did not want to go.So he did not take you to the village and drove back Chiang Mai. If you wanted to go,he could make stop for you. In this point,you did not want to pay the fee,so you asked not to go. Since you decided not to go there,the guide had to drive you back. Is it our mistake? we tried to be flexible to our customers.

I have read your reviews for other places in Chiang Mai. It seems that you were not happy with anyone here.
Anyway we will be here to offer the best service to our customers.
We do hope that you would understand our explanation and reason to response your complaint.

Best regards,

Kid
Mundo Thailand Tours
Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly recomendable”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I haven't booked a tour with Kid since we had already arranged it with our hotel but otherwise I would have done it immediatly. We raeceived a great attention, Kid explained us the tours and when I mentioned that I was interested in a meditation class, he called his friend, a monk and arranged it; as a favour, without getting payed for it.
I liked Kids calm and friendly style; we didn't find that too often during our trip in Thailand.
Thanks Kid and may be see yoy again.

PD) To all going to Chiang Mai: you should schedule to be there a Saturday and/or Sunday to see the amazing night markets; definately a high light!