“Nice little family place, good pizza, salads, desert”
Review of Colosseo Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Colosseo Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Colosseo Italian Restaurant is located in a quiet Soi in the Ninmannheimin/Huay Kaew Rd area of old Chiang Mai. The chef is Italian and prepares every meal fresh on the premises from the finest authentic ingredients. Seafood is flown in to ensure only the best quality is offered to the patrons. A family restaurant, this is a relaxing spot to get away from the bustle of the busy streets.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Have eaten here many times in CM. Pleasant family restaurant, open air seating. Lots of home made items, many ingredients are imported from Italy. Service can be a little "casual" at times, but never a problem. Owner happy to chat with customers, and a lot Italians seem to come here.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This and 'the second time I eat in this restaurant, and I want to give a tribute to the efforts of the chef, who besides being an Italian he's also very polite and pleasant person. Food is served well cared, and flavors reminiscent of Italy. Recommend you visit this place, it sure deserves the time spent on it.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Since La Fourchette was full we decided to try this restaurant after reading the good reviews. After we paid the bill we checked several times if we were at the same restaurant that was reviewed here, because our experience was totally different.
The staff was friendly and the Italian owner welcomed us warmly. The restaurant is nicely done with a pleasant decor. But the table was full of ants, something that can happen in the rainseason in Thailand.
We ordered the aspergus soup and seafoodsalad as appetizers. The soup was tasteless and watery, but after 5 minutes become more consistant, indicating it was instant. The seafood salad was rather tasteless. For maincourse we had the Lamb, that was rockhard and burned, almost like it was microwaved, and chicken with ham and cheese on top. The last was barely cooked and the ham was cold. With the maincourse came baked patatoes that were nice, but the vegetables were served cold. The wine tasted like it came from one of those carton boxes. Not sure what the owner wants with this restaurant, but if he keeps on cooking like this he wont have much customers left in the future.

2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was in town, inside the moat and it was lunchtime. I was just near La Fourchette but it is not open for lunch. 2 doors away is Colosseo and I thought I would give it a go. I am not sorry.

The best looking restaurant in town it ain't but the menu looked very good. Pizzas, pasta and all the usual Italian fare. I wasn't that hungry so I ordered the tomato and mozzarella bruschetta and a minestrone soup. The bruschetta was very good. The mozzarella obviously made in Thailand was sliced thick and delicious. I was almost full. Then came a huge bowl of minestrone. It was as good as I have had anywhere and I ate the lot.

Service was excellent, the prices reasonable and the wine list looked good. Pity about the decor, somewhat ordinary which must cost them customers. I have given it a very good because of this and I did not try a main. It is very much better than it looks. I will be back if I can be tempted away from La Fourchette.

1  Thank Joe_Lynch_10
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I dream about this place at night. Amazing!! You need to go! Stumbled upon it totally by accident. Incredible food, awesome Italian owner, home cooked food by the owner. The wine was the best I've had on my 2 month stint in Asia and I've been craving the pasta since I tasted it. Absolutely incredible, if you're in chiang Mai definitely make this a priority!