“Well worth the visit”

Ranked #218 of 2,383 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This unique old tradition teak house was turned into "The Independent Green Business" which is provided the non-profit space for the art, book,film and music..with Our selective Light food, Refreshment and Coffee..Thank you very much.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We popped in out of curiosity and glad we did. The art work on display is mostly locally created and of an impressive high quality; in a range of styles and pocket depths! It offered some nice beers not seen in other bars and the cake was delicious. The place had a really cool vibe and we are going to check out the lunch menu again before we leave Chiang mai.

1  Thank christhegraham

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Food fantastic!!!! I ate here twice ( so far) yesterday having an delicious panini and came back today and had the Mexican special.
Wonderful place - lovely couple who run it who go out of their way to make sure your food is memorable.
Lovely place to spend a few hours.

2  Thank Helen Q
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed in a bed and breakfast close to the Meeting Room. I stumbled in one day and loved it so much I went back everyday of my stay. Joe & Fon, the owners are incredibly warm and welcoming. Their space is filled with beautiful art from local artists and Joe's love of music is clear: the best music fills the cafe. It's got the best of Thai culture mixed with a great European feel. I adore this place and would highly recommend it to everyone. The lattes & fruit smoothies are great, as are the fresh salads and sandwiches.

2  Thank Linds678
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped in for a late lunch. Best decision of the day. It was drizzling rain outside and the The Meeting Room Art Cafe was a welcoming and homey environment. Had a lovely chat over lunch with the owners about their vision for the cafe and what it could mean for the community.

I had the roasted vegetable salad which was delicious and also the chocolate apricot cake which was rich, moist, and delish. We bought a small, beautiful abstract oil painting which I will treasure.

This place is refreshing for the soul. I highly recommend stopping in and relaxing - this is not a place to rush in and out of - best to savor it for a little while. Also, it's located on a great street for shopping - not the typical tourist tat - there's some good fair trade places.

2  Thank Emily_Qatar
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The owners of this place really welcome you. Their panini's are great and they also have a few delicious looking desserts in their fridge. It is a very peaceful place for you to come if you want to read (they even have books for you to borrow). Highly recommend.

1  Thank 293917Charles16