“Fantastic location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Central Guesthouse
London
“Fantastic location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Located right next to Thapae gate, so perfect for the old town. Sunday market is right on your doorstep but noise isn't a problem. The staff are friendly and the rooms clean with a hot shower. We had a smaller room, but with a window (we had a choice of small room with window or large room with no window when we arrived) and it was fine for us. They do sell breakfast but we didn't try it. Very close to lots of restaurants and within walking distance to the night bazaar and the Saturday market (10-15 mins walk). The WiFi wasn't great in our room but was fine downstairs.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank Andy and Lindsa... W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Rietberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nice and clean guesthouse in the center of Chiang Mai.
The rooms were nice an clean and the prices were very reasonable.
The staff is really nice and the tours are offered for really good prices compaired to the rest of the travel agencies. Especially the owner, Hugo, is a really nice guy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at central Guesthouse for 4 nights and it was amazing, the staff were so helpful and organised. We booked two excursion's through the hotel and saved a lot of money and time, there's a Muay Thai boxing stadium next door which I would recommend due to brilliant cultural experience. If you visit Chang Mai, central Guesthouse is defiantly something to consider

• Stayed September 2013
Chiang Mai, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed in early 2013. I went to extend my stay two nights. The Lady working there,possibly the owner,said there was only deluxe rooms for an extra 350 Baht. I declined and went to pack my belongings. The room cleaner knocked on my door and said reception wanted to see me. I went to the desk and suddenly there was a standard room available. I am too kind, and said ok and stayed another two nights. She was a bare faced liar. The rest of my stay she was desperately trying to get money off me any way she could,of course she didnt. She was quite pathetic really. Also to spite me they never cleaned my room. I should have told her to go jump when she first lied to me. When I checked out she shook her head at me. In her warped mind she must have convinced herself I was somehow at fault for her dishonesty??? Dont stay here at all,there are cheaper places in Chiang Mai,with much more honest people there. This lady was truly despicable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
joeSchweiz, Owner at Central Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello, thank you for you review, you actually helped us to find out more about this person that wasn't honest and wasn't the owner. She has been fired since July 2013. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Aztec, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Central Guesthouse for 4 nights during the Songkran Thai New Year festival. Everything about my experience was nearly perfect. The price was excellent, the hotel very nice, the staff helpful and welcoming, and the location beyond compare. It was at the epicenter of the festival, and within easy walking distance of all the restaurants, shops, bars, and noodle stands you could want. The room was clean and had air conditioning, and the bed was excellent. I particularly enjoyed my conversation with the owner, Hugo. He informed me that he had purchased the place four months prior, and was very interested in making improvements. He actively solicited my feedback and ideas. I couldn't think of anything to tell him because I was so pleased with my experience! I will be visiting Chiang Mai again, and when I do, I will definitely stay at Central Guesthouse.

• Stayed April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I must say that this experience in a guest house is my favorite so far. The staff is so great, polite and very helpful! They are so classic and all round happy! Hugo and Pin are such fabulous hosts and you definitely get the bang for your buck! You can trust to do our bookings through them because they are generally just there to help. They even have a great
Little restaurant to check out. I would recommend this place to any of my friends and would come back for sure! Five stars all the way!!! Thanks team!

Room Tip: The a/c actually works!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for over a week, deciding to stay longer every few days. Hugo is constantly improving the place and its already changed a lot since we came. After the new year in April there will be even more upgrades. He was so helpful to us, saved the day multiple times when we were confused, out of ideas, or hungry in the middle of the night. The rooms are basic but worth the $ for sure. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. Super central like the nme says! post office; bazaar and market, $ exchange, temples, you bame it. Check this place out!

• Stayed March 2013