Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$61
View deal
Expedia.com$261
Hotels.com$261
Priceline$62
Orbitz.com$261
Agoda.com$62
Travelocity$261
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We paid a very cheap price to stay 2 nights at this hotel in November 2012. Although a little on the out-skirts of the city we hired motor-cycles and were in the city centre in 10 minutes. Alternatives would be to take a cheap taxi or tuk tuk to the city. Visited the night markers and a couple of the temples- not as breath-taking as the Grand Palace in Bangkok but still worth a visit. Also visited Tiger Kingdom and a few of the other attractions around Mae-Rim. Well worth checking our some of the Waterfalls in the national park (one ticket get's you entry to all the waterfalls on the same day).

The hotel itself was very traditional. We had a family room with a 4 person Jacuzzi which was amazing- coloured lights and several massage and water options :-)

The mini-bar prices were very reasonable in this hotel and we ordered room service which came quickly and again, very reasonably priced.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank zecnog
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed 3 nights with my partner at the Singha Montra hotel in August 2012. It is a very nice boutique style hotel and their suites are HUGE.We really liked the big Jacuzzi tub,the detailed painting, friendly staff. They arranged our pick up at the airport and were genuinely welcoming. Highly recommended for travelers from over the world.We will recommend it to everyone in Seattle.

Avinash Tiwari

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank AvinashTiwari
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed 5 nights at the Singha Montra hotel in September 2012. This was a very nice hotel with a lot of Thai charm, from the carvings on the walls in the lobby, to the paintings in the rooms and the statues all around the hotel. It was very quiet, we only ended up bumping into other travelers on 2 mornings of the stay. The included buffet breakfast was good and worked for what we needed.

This hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk from the edge of downtown and an additional 10-15 minutes from the center of downtown from there. It's very cheap and easy to get around on Tuk-Tuk's, so the distance shouldn't be too much of a deterant.

As for the Jacuzzi tub in each room...when we were originally booking this hotel, I figurd the tub may get used once or twice during our stay. In actuality, we used the tub almost everyday, as it was a great way to unwind and relax after a day riding elephants or walking around town.

The staff was very helpful and polite and spoke enough english to get by. Admittedly, there were a few times I had to try explaining myself further, but overall it wasn't an issue.

I loved Chiang Mai and all it had to offer from the cheap but excellent local cuisine to the very cheap and relaxing massages. I would suggest to anyone to try and stay for one of the weekend night markets in the downtown area....It was amazing seeing all the vendors and how big a crowd something like this could bring out.

I enjoyed the Singha Montra and don't think it would disappoint...

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank climbingup
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We are a family of five and booked this hotel over the internet because of the room sizes and the added attraction of a jacuzzi. We were not disappointed and despite arriving late and the staff not getting our booking until that evening were made to feel very welcome. They even apologised for not picking us up from the airport.

We were so impressed by this boutique hotel away from the bustle but only 10 minutes by tuk-tuk from the old town that we stayed an extra 5 days, three weeks in total. The staff became like a family to us and went out of their way to make our stay memorable.

The pool and fitness area was very welcome after a day exploring and we had the place to ourselves on most occasions. There was room for improvement with seating around the pool but the owner is extending and hopefully that will change. A few tips, there is massive scope for the hotel to provide better bar and snack facilities.

The complementary shuttle into town was such a bonus feature that it felt that we had our own chauffeur service. Dan and Deer gave good advice about places to visit. Mr Tin, telephone number 0852133221, who was recommended by the hotel for local tours was an exceptional guide.

There is still building work in progress and there are some teething issues, beware your head going down the bottom stairs as I got several bumps. The jacuzzi could have been made more private as the balcony curtain does not provide enough cover. As it is relatively new, few taxi drivers knew where it was so bring the hotel card written in thai with the address.

Room tip: We had the Lanna Suite, this was amazing!!!!!!
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Kimberleylondon
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My gf booked this hotel for $61/night coz she found this suite very romantic. I thought it was a bit over priced and might be a total rip off but once we reached at the Chiang Mai airport they came to pick us up. The Lanna suite is huge, the entire suite felt like an apartment. The Jacuzzi is amazing, the toilet is so clean, the room is so huge that you might freak out at night and the air con works properly. Whenever we needed to go the night market they gave us a free ride on their ac car. Later on I hired a scooter and went to Tiger Kingdom and Doi Suthep with it. They charged me 250 baht per day for the new 125 cc scooter which didn't consume a lot of gas. There is a 7/11 nearby bought drinks from their mostly The staff is very helpful and friendly.The swimming pool is good and can relax for hours The most exciting part of hotel is the breakfast,. It is so yum that I miss it badly. Even they dropped us at the airport without any extra cost Overall it is a very good experience for both of us. I recommend it strongly.

Date of stay: August 2012