“Great Food, Service, and Atmosphere”
Review of Boutique della Pasta - CLOSED

Boutique della Pasta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: -CLOSED ON SUNDAY -OPEN: 5:30 pm. -CLOSE: 10:30 pm.- -INFO- RESTAURANT: Boutique della Pasta it's an authentic Italian restaurant; one of its peculiarity is the quality of the ingredients, that are all imported from Italy and categorically selected by a careful all italian management. Boutique della Pasta is strategically located in the proximities of...
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My friend treated me to Italian comfort food while we were in Chang Mai. This restaurant is in a wonderful quiet alley with its own garden. Cool and refreshing. The staff were very polite and friendly and helped select a pizza. The chef presented the 'pies' to us at the table and we chatted for about 10 minutes after dinner. Very relaxed and easy going. Excellent food. Definitely worth a visit in CM.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We are italian, and have been travelling to Thailand for many years. When we get the urge to eat something that reminds us of home we are often disappointed with the quality and lack of attention to detail. We have never been back to the same italian restaurant in Chiang mai twice, because they were never up to scratch! However Boutique della Pasta is flawless!!! In fact better than some restaurant we frequent back home, nel "Bel Paese"! The attention to detail of the homemade pasta, the sauces, and the presentation is impeccable! It's very nice to see an italian expat so dedicated to his craft, we've been there several times, and we recommend you to try one of the homemade pasta dishes with tomato sauce, for example, that was so perfectly balanced with fresh tomato and not canned. You can judge a good chef when the simplest most basic tomato sauce (often the hardest to get right) is so sublime! Pizza was also delicious! Staff very polite and welcoming, you can have a large beer at a reasonable price, which is rare for a restaurant of this level. This shows their competitive and honest pricing however maintaining the high quality. Torneremo, nuovamente in questo ristorante senza avere più dubbi su dove andare quando vorremo "rimpatriare" il nostro palato! Bravissimi!!!!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

They had done a fairly good job of making this little room look like an Italian restaurant and they played Andrea Bocelli on the stereo, but, despite it being the most expensive we have had in Thailand, the food was below satisfaction. The pizza was decent enough but not anything special, and the pasta dish that we had was borderline inedible. The mushroom sauce, which is what I frequently get when going to pasta places, had a weird taste that I really could not place. The spaghetti was overcooked, the sauce watery and the portion was small. Even though I had come there famished, I had to force myself to finish the plate. When we asked for the check, the waitress made a joke of being upset that we didn't order dessert, which was sort of awkward. All in all, not a good experience.

1  Thank Christian H
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Okay, I preface by saying I've eaten in some great Italian places in Italy. I met some nice travelers who recommended this as good Italian in Chiang Mai with an Italian chef. The food was nice, but my ravioli seemed unassuming and a bit underdone (and I like al dente.) the Italian chef/owner did say hi. He is real. The beer was cold and reasonably priced. The server was very nice. If you want pizza and pasta cause you are sick of Asian, this place will do.

1  Thank ginkiecat
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We visited this restaurant last night and the food was amazing. All homemade pastas and the sauces were great. A great experience until we attempted to pay with our credit card. We were then informed that this restaurant does not accept credit cards. What a surprise, especially if you don't have enough cash to pay your bill. The owner/chef was very helpful, he offered to take my husband to an ATM on his motorcycle. While everything worked out fine in the end, there should have been some notation on the front door or even on the menu prior to ordering that credit cards are not accepted.

BOUTIQUE-della-Pasta, Owner at Boutique della Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear customers,
thank you for yours review because it made me very happy that you had a nice evening, by a good romantic dinner by candlelight. I remember that you were a very nice couple, polite, helpful, and efficient. I wrote efficient, because your suggestion made ​​me think at my lack... so, with effect from tomorrow I'll put in evidence the inability to pay by credit card, and I owe this possible thanks to your help.
Someone said: the obvious things are the hardest to see !
This is one of the many reviews that I define useful and helpful for all of us.
Hope to see you soon, and thank you from Boutique della Pasta Restaurant