“Does the job!! Quite inexpensive.”
Review of Mojito House

Mojito House
Ranked #425 of 820 Specialty Lodging in Chiang Mai
Bengaluru, India
“Does the job!! Quite inexpensive.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed at Mojito house for 3 Days. Although its quite far from the Railway station, Its right there close to the market area, with lots of food stalls , veg and non veg., there is a 7/11 nearby and Downtown where the party starts after dark .So once there you can walk around and tie up other adventure tours , or walk back after party from the Downtown area. However there are a lot of better options available around .

The Lady at the reception was quite helpful in arranging for me to hire a bike , extend my stay.
I was able to get a Single Room. The rooms have bare minimum facilities.
The Bar right below Mojito house is a good place to catch fellow travellers.
I used the room more like a Backup room where i left some of my luggage , while i went on 2 days adventures around Chiang Mai.
The sheets are changed only when you checkout.

Room Tip: Dont book a room on the top floor. They dont seem to be well ventilated. The walls of the room are...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Mojito House for several days. It was cheap as!! I found the dorm rooms to be very basic but they were quiet and clean - barely anyone there. Plus everyone kept to themselves unless you were looking to talk which I wasn't. I had to go to hospital so I ended up extending my stay. It was convenient and I liked the location. There's a market just outside where they sell loads of local fruit and veg, there's food stalls near by, 7 eleven and tesco within a few minutes of walking which was perfect for me as I didn't have the energy to walk after going to hospital. The sheets are changed after every guest with I saw the staff do when someone would check out. The only critisism I had was when I asked for an extra pillow for my injured leg they weren't so accommodating, they gave me an old cushion thing. Apart from that mojito house served me for what I needed at the time. It's convenient for budget travelers and its in a great location. They also have cheap single rooms which I was gonna check out but ended up leaving chiangmai before I got the chance.

• Stayed September 2013
London
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but this place was so awful I feel the need to share. The room i was given was really dirty (contact lenses and hair all over the floor) and was completely wet when I arrived as the previous person had obviously just had a shower before leaving. This, however, i could have lived with, albeit uncomfortably, for one night seeing as the location was very good. Then, i checked out and left my baggage to do some sightseeing before returning to collect it later in the day. However, on my return i found the hostel completely locked up. I called to find out what had happened and was told it was closed for the bank holiday. I said people were still staying there and that i needed to get in to collect my belongings but was told they weren't in the building. I then asked if someone was going to come down to let me in and after some mumbling the lady hung up. 45 minutes later nobody had shown up but luckily some other guests left and let me in. Nobody ever showed up and at no point was anyone apologetic. Awful hostel all round.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Pai, Thailand
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Quite affordable in an ok neighborhood. Rooms could be cleaner but it's fine for a couple of nights. The restaurant is quite good. Basic but useful. The rooms with balconies are definitely the nicer ones.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Woerden, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Friendly and great guesthouse in a nice location. We stayed 2 times in the hostel. First time we had a nice and clean room with shower and toilet (350 B p/n). Second time we wanted to get a bus in the middle of the night and asked if we could leave our backpack, was possible for 200B. Then we asked if the busses actually leave during the night, no. So we got a simple room for the same amount.
In short, good place to stay for backpackers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fantastic location and our room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful in helping us organise trips/ giving us advice on price of taxis etc. Our flight was also delayed so we didnt arrive until after closing hours but when we called the number on the door someone rushed to come check us in. We also hired bikes for the day which enabled us to explore for only 50 baht. For the price i have no complaints.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The location is just 2 minutes walk from Som Phet evening market, you can get any food & drink or massage service around the quiet street. The private room is very clean & secure. They provide cloth hanger in balcony so that you can laundry yourself if stay longer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends