“Great atmosphere”

Morradoke Thai
Ranked #250 of 2,364 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tammy, the Owner and Head Chef of Morradoke Thai Restaurant has lived in the USA, Canada, France and Portugal where she gained numerous apraisals for her creative Thai cuisine. Using only fresh ingredients and home-made curry pastes as taught to her by her Mother, she will delight your taste buds and enhance your appetite through the discovery of the pungent perfumes of Heritage Thai cuisine.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We found this charismatic restaurant on our first night of wandering round the walled city & loved the buzzy atmosphere & the decor which looked like a private house with photos & memorabilia on the walls. The food was good & the service quick & efficient. We went back again but would not recommend it for a memorable night out as it's more of a quick meal place!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Gave this place a try as our usual place was full. This place has TA plastered all over, large printed signs and their TA comments have been printed and laminated and included in the menu outside. Menu looked clean and newly printed and inside looked nice and clean.

Once inside it was a different story, tables with zero space between them except for the lucky few single tables against the wall. (all full).

We were seated next to a man who did not take his eyes of myself and my boyfriend from the minute we sat down, I finally got so sick of him staring at us I said to him , sir will you please stop staring at me, he stopped. I think he was shocked that I asked him. I could not relax with him.

The menus, I could not bare to actually touch and used a tissue to actually turn the pages as they were so filthy.

I ordered Veggie spring rolls as a starter and Fried Rice with Veggies for main course.
The main course arrived 1st and the starter last.

The spring rolls were tiny and tasteless and the fried rice and veggies were the smallest portion I have ever been given in any restaurant I have ever ordered this same dish.

As a creature of habit I order same in every city I visit. Normally it comes out with veggies on 1 plate with a separate bowl or plate of fried rice.

Not in this place, a small SIDE PLATE contained both rice and veggies and was basically a few spoon full's of food which was gone in a matter of minutes but did taste good but I was still hungry when finished.

I asked if any of the juices on offer were actual juice (actually got my boyfriend to ask as he is Thai). Waiter pointed to a few which he said were "real Juice" so we ordered two , but I am almost certain it came from a bottle or can as it tasted artificial and not from any fruit I ever tasted.

My boyfriend had Pathai for main and chicken on a skewer for starter , both arrived at same time.

The bill was 840 baht around Euro 20 so very expensive for Chiangmai and almost European price where I come from.

All in all not a happy customer and I will not be returning.

This place is located in the very touristy part of town where Sunday night Market is held so I guess I should have known better.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Quick, delicious food. The menu has pictures for ease of deciding. They are flexible about what you can order with what. Seated in a lovely clean traditional restaurant. The best Thai green curry I have ever had for about £2.40 and my friend had a gorgeous chicken sweet and sour dish.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurent serves the best thai food ! As i experieced ! A real tastful aromatic and spicy"optional" food ! You will enjoy every spoon you will have !

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The food is not that terrible but the service is just intolerable! The waitress shouted at us for changing the table even though we changed the table because another waiter told us to change! Ps the house specialty is not special at all! Anyway the only advantage is the decoration inside. But I won't recommend it to my friend!

Morradoke, Owner at Morradoke Thai, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

We are sorry your experience in our restaurant was not to your satisfaction. Unfortunately, you visited our restaurant on some of the busiest days of the year, during Loy Kratong Festival; when many other restaurants are closed and the affluence is at its maximum. You have to understand that when our small restaurant is full, it can be a big problem if customers change table once their order has been placed. This has happened to us many times before; the free table is then filled by newly arrived clients, and the order you placed is delivered to the clients who have just sat down and ordered themselves. They then proceed to eat the wrong dishes and then all refuse to pay for anything because of the confusion.
Morradoke Thai Chiang Mai is a little family restaurant that serves dishes that are all freshly prepared at the moment for each order. The staff are all family members, and do not all speak English correctly. There may have been some confusion in the communication for which we apologize. We understand your bitter service experience has reflected on your tasting of our food, but we can assure you that a very large majority of our clients leave our restaurant fully satisfied with their dining experience. We hope you will return soon, on a less busy night, so you can discover the real quality of our service and our dishes.